Predator Orion 5000 CLEAR CMOS

Options
Ondrej_1
Ondrej_1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I accidentally cleared the CMOS by pressing the button on the IO board. The computer will not start and I suppose the BIOS has been erased. I would appreciate if anyone can advice on how do I fix it? Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Clearing the CMOS with that button only resets to factory defaults. It doesn't erase the CMOS. It's used mostly when you've over-clocked enough to make things not work, so you can start over. So ... you say the computer will not start. How far does it get? Do you get any beep codes when you turn it on?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • olla
    olla Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Dear Sirs, 
    I have a:
    PREDATOR P09-900
    SN: DGE0JEM003XXXXXXXXXXXX
    SNID: XXXXXXXXXXX
    BIOS version : R01-A4

Since i receive it from 8 months the computer keep restarting with blue screen specially when i turn the Turbo boost on i call ACER dubai to find the solution

I made all Acer updates and Intel updates including the Bios
    I try to install the INTEL extreme software and stress test for CPU and MEMORY + turbo mode no blue screen or restart

not that the blue screen and restart is not happening when the system is overloaded , it happen for example opening photoshop and adding text field, 

Finally i tried to increase the front fun manually from the predator software to 1520 speed 5 weeks till now the system didn't restart and working perfectly

Please advise regarding this issue???

the second issue i'm facing recently the power button is not working anymore 
    when i turn on the power plug on the system start automatically and most of the time it dont start and i need to press the CMOS button from the back to start

Please advise

thank you in advance 

Eng. Walid Nohra  

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]