USB BOOT problem.

rabbitz9
rabbitz9 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought Acer NITRO 5. Laptop is brand new from shop. Problem is that after entering BIOS using F2, BIOS not giving me option of boot nothing but Linpus Linux HDD. Bootable USB is inside USB port(that  same usb used many times to instal windows_10_x64 on many comuters). There is option "Secure Boot:" with "[Enabled]" so i made supervisor password and changed that to Disabled. Now only problem is that Boot Mode: can only be set as "UEFI" and nothing else, and I need Legacy to start Bootable USB stick. So when im looking to boot priority order there is only 1. Linux(TOSHIBA MQ..blabla) and there is no even second option as USB.

So this is what i have done:
1.F2 to enter BIOS
2.Gone to Boot options
3. Changed Secure Boot to Disabled
4. Cant change Boot mode from UEFI to LEGACY

If is let comp to turn on and not touch anything there are 2 options:
1. Linpus Linux
2. Create a bootable USB disk
and i dont want any of them.

If anyone can help with this or know anything about fixing this...?

Answers

• No need to switch to legacy mode to install windows 10! See if this file helps you: 

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rabbitz9
    when i set in bios disable secure boot and then first boot after with  pressing F12, there is still only linux no bootable usb

• What is the exact model of your notebook and the version of bios that is installed? Example v3-571! The linux installation only accepts the sata mode in ahci! Did you hit some bios setup photos for me to see?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rabbitz9
    Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42-R0WY NH.Q3REX.019
    BIOS version: v1.09
    it is not easy to take photos now, maybe later...tnx for helping.
  • rabbitz9
    [SOLVED]

i formated USB again. But instead like always partition scheme is set as MBR(as master) i set it as GPT then system allowed to me to set format option as FAT 32 instead NTSF. so...when you installing on laptop with only linux as this acer...format USB as GPT FAT32, then disable secure boot in bios and after "first" restart hit F12. Only problem now is that i cant see my SSD for some reason. 
  • I would like to know which operating system you want to install? windows 10 or linux ubuntu? If you intend to install ubuntu linux, you should enter the bios and change the sata mode option to ahci, since linux still does not recognize rst with optane mode! Also, you need to convert ssd also to gpt to work in uefi mode.
    If you intend to install windows 10, this system supports both ahci mode and rst with optane mode. However, you may need to convert ssd also to gpt within the windows installation. To do this, simply press shift + f10 and enter the following commands: diskpart (enter), list disk (enter), sel disk x (x is the ssd number), clean (enter) and convert gpt! Then proceed with the installation!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer