No input with computer

Options
EATZYOWAFFLEZ
EATZYOWAFFLEZ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I recently bought an Acer XG270HU moniter, and when I plugged all the cords in, the moniter would turn on but it would display "no input". I tried using both the HDMI and dvi cords to connect it to my computer but still the same problem. I made sure the cords were plugged in all the way and that no pins were bent. The moniter was in the right input as well. My computer worked with my old moniter through hdmi. I plugged my nintendo switch into the moniter and it worked, so maybe it's a problem with my computer? Any help is appreciated

Best Answer

• EATZYOWAFFLEZ
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I am very stupid. Apparently i was plugging into the wrong HDMI port. I don't even know there were two on my computer lol. I feel like the other port used to work, but idk.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    It's always possible the issue is on the computer side. Does the old monitor still work with HDMI? It can also be the cable, but I'd have expected the DVI to work if the HDMI cable was bad.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EATZYOWAFFLEZ
    Options
    Just tested my old moniter with HDMI and it no longer works (displays no input). It worked just fine yesterday
  • EATZYOWAFFLEZ
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I am very stupid. Apparently i was plugging into the wrong HDMI port. I don't even know there were two on my computer lol. I feel like the other port used to work, but idk.