Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-59FA hight tempetures cpu downlocking

yahnto
yahnto Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello guys,

I am having issues with Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-59FA. When I play any game my notebook gets tempetures like 95 - 99°C even on idle mode sometimes i have tempatures like 80 °C.   I get this tempetures on games like League of Legends or CS:GO which are not high specs games. Biggest problem is that my CPU is downclocling and i am getting spike lags every few secs. Is there any fix or I have to cliam warranty?

Answers

• enefem
    enefem Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    I RMA my Nitro 5 with same problem. Bought in another shop and situation was better. The temp was not that high so I repaste on my own with Kryonaut wich helped with temps around 5C. The second fix was undervolting wich down the temps around next 5C. While playing League of Legends, the temp are around 80C. Max temps are 92C but it's when playing some hours.
  • yahnto
    yahnto Member Posts: 2 New User
    My temps are around 95°C after 5 minutes of gameplay thats the biggest problem
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    The only 'quick-fix' that I've ever seen improve thermals on a laptop was cleaning. All too often, the laptop heatsink and fan blades are caked with a thick dust that can even contain static charge. Cleaning this out gives you back your airflow.

If your computer is very clean but still overheating, you're likely looking at two roads. One road is installing some software to undervolt the CPU (Intel XTU), opening the laptop to re-apply a better quality thermal paste https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfoUkIazNA (voids warranty), and some time involved stress-testing the system to ensure the changes are stable.
    The other road is RMA to Acer (if you're within warranty) for a replacement.