Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Delete key function on Nitro 5

I just bought a nitro 5 (AN515-53-55G9) last week and am wondering about how the delete key works. It seems like you have to have numlock on and press the shift key. Are there other ways that it works? Is there any way to delete faster, without using two butttons?
Thanks.

FAQ & Answers

• H87VH87V Posts: 4Member New User
    The delete key works as normal, with or without numlock on. 
  • LenaDavidLenaDavid Posts: 1Member New User
    I would also like to report that the del key (the one at the top that is shared with ins) is not working on my nitro 5 (AN515-54).  The del key on the numpad is working when numlock is off.  But why would the del key at the top not function?
  • andylbandylb Posts: 199Member Mr. Fixit
    edited June 7
    I just bought a nitro 5 (AN515-53-55G9) last week and am wondering about how the delete key works. It seems like you have to have numlock on and press the shift key. Are there other ways that it works? Is there any way to delete faster, without using two butttons?
    Thanks.
    Use the Delete Key on the top row toward the right hand side Del/Ins, you are using the Delete key on the Number pad 
    Please click "Accepted Answer" if my answer helped solve your problem. 
    click "Like" if my answer was just helpful 
    Thank you and have a blessed day

• duratothemaxduratothemax Posts: 1Member New User
    I am in the same boat, the del key at the top does not work on my new nitro 5 (i5-9300h, gtx 1050).

Is this a driver issue or a problem with the keyboard?

Please provide a response soon, I would like to know if I need to return this laptop to bestbuy before the return/exchange period is over.

I have generally had a good experience with acer products, I don't want this problem to prevent me from purchasing acer products in the future.