Alcohol

Options
Lexton
Lexton Member Posts: 19 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Have you people ever heard of alcohol swabs? I was wondering is it totally fine cleaning your laptop keys / keyboard with them? Since I've been doing that all week and I wanted to know I'm I doing any harm to the laptop it self ? If so how can I get it fixed since I've been doing it all week 

Answers

• Lexton
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I meant I only done it twice today my bad not 1 week 0.o but would there still be any harm ?
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Lexton said:
    Have you people ever heard of alcohol swabs? I was wondering is it totally fine cleaning your laptop keys / keyboard with them? Since I've been doing that all week and I wanted to know I'm I doing any harm to the laptop it self ? If so how can I get it fixed since I've been doing it all week 
    I would personally not recommend using anything that includes liquid. There is no major harm in using it however, some times the liquid might cause the computer non-function. 

I had an older laptop for which i used alcoholic cloth to clean. In the beginning it looked fine, later the keyboard stopped working and i had to replace the entire keyboard. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Lexton
    Options
    Rudy21 said:
    Lexton said:
    I would personally not recommend using anything that includes liquid. There is no major harm in using it however, some times the liquid might cause the computer non-function. 

I had an older laptop for which i used alcoholic cloth to clean. In the beginning it looked fine, later the keyboard stopped working and i had to replace the entire keyboard. 
    How long did it took for the keyboard to non funtion cuz I'm a little worried RN since I did it on my Acer nitro 5 would the warranty cover it up ? Just got it bout a week ago the warrenty is 3years from now
  • Rudy21
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Lexton said:
    Rudy21 said:
    Lexton said:

How long did it took for the keyboard to non funtion cuz I'm a little worried RN since I did it on my Acer nitro 5 would the warranty cover it up ? Just got it bout a week ago the warrenty is 3years from now
    Regarding the duration i'm sorry i really did not observe it. But it happened after few months of usage. Mine was not under warranty so i replaced the Keyboard myself

As per the warranty guidelines in acer website it mentions that any damages, liquid spills will not be covered.
  • Lexton
    Options
    How would you be able to get a refund if so 🤔
  • Rudy21
    Options
    Lexton said:
    How would you be able to get a refund if so 🤔
    Sorry regarding refund it depends on the return time from the place of purchase. If you have ordered it from amazon they normally provide 14 day returns. Im not sure if its the same with local stores like walmart of BBY.