Drive Caddy for T3-600?

feistent
feistent Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an old (~2012) Acer Aspire T3-600.  It is a TOWER case - there is lots of room in the "cages" - but I can't make an additional hard drive fit.  Are there some sort of required RAILS or CADDY?

Answers

• Hi,
    You can insert two HDDs in the cage, insert the HDD, secure with 4 screws and place the cage inside and secure it, you don't need any caddy or rails.

• StephenOz59
    StephenOz59 Member Posts: 6 New User
    After 8 years of owning my Acer Aspire T3-600, I finally cracked it open as wanted to add more drives, to be disappointed to see it only had 1 caddy for 1 3.5 HDD and nothing else fitted.
    Searched online and was only able find this referenced here and would more than adequately meet my needs.
    Contacted Acer here in Australia with no success as to how I can get this cage to add more HDDs.
    Is this forum able to tell me if this cage is still available and if I can still get it and from where?
    Thanx
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Is your drive cage not the one shown above? It supports two drives, but you have to pull it out to load them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StephenOz59
    billsey said:
    Is your drive cage not the one shown above? It supports two drives, but you have to pull it out to load them.
    My T3- 600 only came with a single 3.5 HDD caddy (no:3) as per picture therefore my predicament.

I am looking for a dual HDD caddy cage and or an adapter/convertor for the 4.7 (no: 2)  to use for a 3.5 HDD.
    Acer (Australia) doesn't seem to carry spares but what surprised me was that the only advice they were able to offer me was to make one myself.
    I understand I can not use generic parts (I tried) but they don't have standardised options for their systems.
    Any suggestions as to where I can get a dual HDD caddy and/or adapter/convertor for the 4.7 would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,457 Trailblazer
    billsey said:
    My T3- 600 only came with a single 3.5 HDD caddy (no:3) as per picture therefore my predicament.

I am looking for a dual HDD caddy cage and or an adapter/convertor for the 4.7 (no: 2)  to use for a 3.5 HDD.
    Acer (Australia) doesn't seem to carry spares but what surprised me was that the only advice they were able to offer me was to make one myself.
    I understand I can not use generic parts (I tried) but they don't have standardised options for their systems.
    Any suggestions as to where I can get a dual HDD caddy and/or adapter/convertor for the 4.7 would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx

As "billsey " is saying and I've told you before, also, you didn't state initially in your other post that "My T3- 600 only came with a single 3.5 HDD caddy (no:3) as per picture therefore my predicament" which is very strange as the OEM T3-600's all came with and in your picture the No:2 which is a 2x 3.5" cage for HDD's. Anyway, there are plenty of "4-Bay 3.5 inch SATA SSD HDD Cage Hard Drive Caddy Internal Mounting Rack" which can also be accomodated to fit 2.5" HDD's or SSD's which this one is AU $36.82 sold on eBay, I know as I also live in Sydney Australia so there is no problems purchasing the appropriate cages from eBay (which this one is from) and/or modifying it to fit the T3-600's case, so try that.  

eBay 4-Bay 3.5 inch SATA SSD HDD Cage and all components
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @StephenOz59

Since you had not opened your PC in 8 years, you did not get a chance to look at the interior in 8 years.

Why bother to get a caddy from E-Bay or somewhere else ? Just affix the HDD to the inner bottom of your PC with masking tape or Gorilla tape.
    That will do it. You won't see it again for a long time, I guess.
  • StephenOz59
    StevenGen said:
    billsey said:

Thanx

As "billsey " is saying and I've told you before, also, you didn't state initially in your other post that "My T3- 600 only came with a single 3.5 HDD caddy (no:3) as per picture therefore my predicament" which is very strange as the OEM T3-600's all came with and in your picture the No:2 which is a 2x 3.5" cage for HDD's. Anyway, there are plenty of "4-Bay 3.5 inch SATA SSD HDD Cage Hard Drive Caddy Internal Mounting Rack" which can also be accomodated to fit 2.5" HDD's or SSD's which this one is AU $36.82 sold on eBay, I know as I also live in Sydney Australia so there is no problems purchasing the appropriate cages from eBay (which this one is from) and/or modifying it to fit the T3-600's case, so try that.  

eBay 4-Bay 3.5 inch SATA SSD HDD Cage and all components
    Hey billsey,
    Thanx very much mate.
    GREAT suggestion and solution.
    Have now placed order for 1.
    While I wait for delivery, just out of curiosity where does it go in the T3-600?
    Again Thanx