My Acer Nitro 5 Slow

Options
MANIFESTA
MANIFESTA Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So I bought My Nitro yesterday and I installed all drivers and Windows updates but it seems it slow alot when you Installing something and you can't do nothing else apart if you wait quite a while. Solutions? Add SSD drive ? Because HDD always on 100.

On top of that does anyone thermal pasted CPUs?? Easy Job to do?

Thanks for your support.

Answers

• Bossman1
    Bossman1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I found that the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software/driver was the culprit for 100% disk activity on my Nitro. Clean reinstalled Win10 without RST and no issues since.
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    You want the OS running on an SSD for the fastest possible speeds. If you model did not come with an SSD it is a worthy upgrade. I do notice when I plug in my external 7200RPM drive and then attempt to use Windows Explorer, there is a several second delay as it spins up and gets going. This will never happen with the SSD.

As far as repasting goes, it is not difficult but does require some finesse. Also; it does void your factory warranty.

https://youtu.be/0vfoUkIazNA

That said, you will almost always notice a good improvement in thermals for both CPU and GPU if you repaste correctly. Combined with a CPU under-volt, you should be running cool, fast, and efficiently.