after 3-4 months it is overheating to 98 degree , also the gpu is getting 93-94 degree playing games

AhnafAdib1111
AhnafAdib1111 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hello , i bought a helios 300 PH315-51 with i5 8th gen and 1060
i undervolted it and it worked fine, never exceeded 78 degree,
but now after 3-4 months it is overheating to 98 degree , also the gpu is getting 93-94 degree playing the same games.
i tried undervolting, resetting my pc etc. but cant find any solution . Whsat shall I do ?

Best Answer

• Dutch_H
    Dutch_H Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    If it was never going over 78 and now thermal throttling it would be most likely the fans malfunctioning or not working at all. Also could be bad thermal paste job which has dried up. Yet this tends to take longer than months. Can you feel air blowing out both exhaust vents?

I would take it back to Acer for repair or replacement.

Answers

• Hazmat02
    Hazmat02 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited November 2018
    Have you optimized windows for gaming? That's always a good start. You can also try doing a thermal paste re application. Also make sure your fans are operating properly. Another option would be a cooling pad to elevate your device and help with air flow. 
  • AhnafAdib1111
    optimization didnt really help , i think it's about the cooling fan or thermal paste .

• Dutch_H
    Dutch_H Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    If it was never going over 78 and now thermal throttling it would be most likely the fans malfunctioning or not working at all. Also could be bad thermal paste job which has dried up. Yet this tends to take longer than months. Can you feel air blowing out both exhaust vents?

I would take it back to Acer for repair or replacement.
  • AhnafAdib1111
    i suddenly noticed that temp doesnt go high too much if i play on battery , but i get only 30 fps in pubg , what cause that can be?
    is it the battery or adaptor then?

• AhnafAdib1111
    i suddenly noticed that temp doesnt go high too much if i play on battery , but i get only 30 fps in pubg , i limitted to 30 fps in plugged in then it again got high temp .what cause that can be?
    is it the battery or adaptor then?