Acer switch 3 freezes

AkBiology
AkBiology Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello Community,

in juni I bought an acer switch 3. Now I experience some troubles with it. It tends to freeze random and also tends to restart itself without me doing anything. I also resetted the whole system but it does not seem to help. I deactivated the Settings due to save energy, so it should not go in sleep mode or whatsoever. Thank you

Greetings
Alex

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    AkBiology 
    >>Try to reset BIOS to default settings. Start your computer and as soon as you hit the Power On button, keep pressing the F2 key. You can simply hit the F9 key to display a blue screen that says Load Setup defaults? Clicking "no" to discard changes and exit from BIOS.

Also, be in BIOS scren for 10 to 15 minutes and see if the device shuts down automatically.
    If it shuts down while in BIOS, it could be a device issue. if not it  is an windows related issue.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist u further.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • AkBiology
    AkBiology Member Posts: 6 New User
    Thank you for your help! I did what you suggested, now let's see if it works! :) I'll keep you informed.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    Editando...
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • UncleMal
    UncleMal Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same problem. I followed the steps and it still freezes. I like the laptop but not crazy about this issue.
  • Have you checked if there are any drivers with problems in the device manager? What version of bios is installed on your notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,311 Trailblazer
    And does it freeze while sitting in the BIOS menus?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JorgeH
    JorgeH Member Posts: 2 New User
    I got the same issue here, after some time idle then restarts on its own. It doesn't freeze while o BIOS, I already tried the BIOS reset. Same problem. 
  • @JorgeH What is the exact model of notebook and the version bios installed? Example v3-571!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JorgeH
    JorgeH Member Posts: 2 New User
    @JorgeH What is the exact model of notebook and the version bios installed? Example v3-571!
    It is a SWITCH 3 SW312-31-P946. BIOS V1.12.
  • Have you tried upgrading windows and notebook drivers? I suggest that when doing these procedures, you back up your personal files and turn on system protection! The most correct way to update a driver would be to copy the devices idhardware on google. However, there are programs like driverbooster or driverpack that update the drivers, but system protection is required!

While updating bios is an extremely risky procedure, I suggest you try downloading the latest version available to see if it fixes your issue: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.13_A_A.zip?acerid=636686052129737248&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=SWITCH&Step3=SW312-31&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3
    As it is a risky procedure that could turn your notebook into a brick, I do not take any responsibility for any damage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ziaddoleh
    ziaddoleh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im facing the same problem when charger is connected, works really well on battery, charger works fine and it charges the device. I bought another charger and it worked perfect for a month  then the same problem came back again. 
  • @ziaddolehHave you tried upgrading drivers with the driverpack or driverbooster program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer