Safe Boot Fail in SF314-52-50FX after bios update from ver 1.08 to ver 1.09.

sudhanshumeena
sudhanshumeena Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
With the revised launch of Windows 10 October update, I wanted to update the Windows 10 by fresh installing using a USB drive. So I download all the latest drivers from Intel. There are also bios update for my model in Acer website. So, I updated the bios first before installation. Successfully updated the bios from ver 1.08 to ver 1.09(Updates Intel microcode revision to fix the Spectre security vulnerabilities and L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF) issue). After that, I am getting "Safe Boot Fail" error when trying to boot the Windows 10 USB drive with Safe Boot enabled and failing with also the previous version of Windows 10. But, I was able to install Windows by disabling Safe Boot. So, is the new bios update have broken the Safe Boot feature somehow? If anyone has any solution it would be helpful.

Model Name: SF314-52-50FX|Part Number: NX.GQGSI.007

Thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I am getting "Safe Boot Fail" error when trying to boot the Windows 10 USB drive >>>

Aside from trying to boot from the USB stick, does your system boot normally and in safe mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    It is recommended whenever you update the bios, the user click on load setup defaults and then press f10 to save on exit so that some bugs are corrected! Once you have done this, re-enable the secureboot and see if the issue is resolved!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sudhanshumeena

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>I am getting "Safe Boot Fail" error when trying to boot the Windows 10 USB drive >>>

Aside from trying to boot from the USB stick, does your system boot normally and in safe mode? Jack E/NJ

System boot normally with safe boot enabled without any errors and no problem accessing bios.
  • JackE
    >>>safe boot enabled>>>

Do you mean secure boot? If yes, this is how it's supposed to work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sudhanshumeena

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>safe boot enabled>>>

Do you mean secure boot? If yes, this is how it's supposed to work. Jack E/NJ
    Yes
  • JackE
    So with secure boot enabled the system should boot normally without any errors or problems accessing the BIOS menu. So is your problem solved or not? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sudhanshumeena

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    So with secure boot enabled the system should boot normally without any errors or problems accessing the BIOS menu. So is your problem solved or not? Jack E/NJ
    I am able to boot windows 10 with Secure Boot enabled and also able to access BIOS without any problem. But I am unable to install Windows 10 with Secure Boot Enabled after BIOS update(v1.09). So I can only install Windows 10 with Secure Boot disabled and then proceed with the installation.
  • JackE
    Why do you want to re-install Win10???? What are you trying to do? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ