can i go back to original windows 10 on my laptop

LUCKYRON
LUCKYRON Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
i bought this laptop and i change to pro now i would like the original software on my pc

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    LUCKYRON 
    You  can download the ISO image from Microsoft and restore windows 10 on your laptop. Another option is to contact Acer support and get the USB recovery media for your laptop and restore it.

Here's the steps to restore windows 10.
    When formatting the USB flash drive with Rufus. It needs to specifically be set to GPT partition scheme for UEFI, and FAT32. The new version keeps defaulting to other setttings, which does not work.
    When you use rufus, it would prompt to make it a bootable Win10 iso image using (1) GPT FAT32 for UEFI only (2) MBR FAT32 for UEFI only or (3) MBR for both BIOS & UEFI?  You need to choose (1) step.

Try to create a bootable USB drive and boot the device.
    For windows 10, You can download the iso file of your edition from microsoft and use Rufus to create a bootable USB drive and install the OS, Windows will install most of the drivers, if you need any drivers, you can download them from Acer support site.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
    https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Reloading Windows with the Media Creation Tool:
    Press and hold the Power button for five seconds to turn off your computer. Plug in the USB Drive that contains the Media Creation Tool files.
    Power on the system and begin tapping the F2 Key to enter the BIOS. In the BIOS, use the arrow keys to navigate to the Main menu item at the top.
    Use the down arrow to highlight F12 Boot Menu and press Enter. Highlight Enabled and press Enter.
    Press the F10 key and press Enter to save the changes and exit. The system will reboot immediately.
    As soon as the system begins rebooting, press the F12 key repeatedly to enter the Boot Manager.
    Select the USB HDD and press Enter. The Windows Setup environment will launch. Select your Language, Time and Keyboard, then click Next.
    Click Install Now. Accept the license terms and click Next.
    You will be prompted with choices and follow the onscreen instructions. Using recovery option will erase all personal data.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    LUCKYRON 
    You  can download the ISO image from Microsoft and restore windows 10 on your laptop. Another option is to contact Acer support and get the USB recovery media for your laptop and restore it.

Here's the steps to restore windows 10.
    When formatting the USB flash drive with Rufus. It needs to specifically be set to GPT partition scheme for UEFI, and FAT32. The new version keeps defaulting to other setttings, which does not work.
    When you use rufus, it would prompt to make it a bootable Win10 iso image using (1) GPT FAT32 for UEFI only (2) MBR FAT32 for UEFI only or (3) MBR for both BIOS & UEFI?  You need to choose (1) step.

Try to create a bootable USB drive and boot the device.
    For windows 10, You can download the iso file of your edition from microsoft and use Rufus to create a bootable USB drive and install the OS, Windows will install most of the drivers, if you need any drivers, you can download them from Acer support site.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
    https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Reloading Windows with the Media Creation Tool:
    Press and hold the Power button for five seconds to turn off your computer. Plug in the USB Drive that contains the Media Creation Tool files.
    Power on the system and begin tapping the F2 Key to enter the BIOS. In the BIOS, use the arrow keys to navigate to the Main menu item at the top.
    Use the down arrow to highlight F12 Boot Menu and press Enter. Highlight Enabled and press Enter.
    Press the F10 key and press Enter to save the changes and exit. The system will reboot immediately.
    As soon as the system begins rebooting, press the F12 key repeatedly to enter the Boot Manager.
    Select the USB HDD and press Enter. The Windows Setup environment will launch. Select your Language, Time and Keyboard, then click Next.
    Click Install Now. Accept the license terms and click Next.
    You will be prompted with choices and follow the onscreen instructions. Using recovery option will erase all personal data.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • medhunter
    medhunter Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    How can you transfer license?
    how will windows10 be activated? I suppose we hold OEM license!!
  • medhunter
    medhunter Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html
    Fixed:
    The license is there when you finish the installation of windows 10.
    nothing is needed already