Headphones are not showing up in playback devices on Helios 300 (G3-572)

Saad98
Saad98 Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
This is a issue in my laptop from start. Whenever I plug in my headset or headphone, a pop up displays asking to choose the hardware. This sometimes happen and not always. I do not care about this too muc but what I care about a lot is my headphones and headset aren't showing up in playback devices. You whenever we connect a headset it appears in playback devices and the media volume used to be reduced automatically. I have also sent my laptop to service center for this issue but nothing happened, basically they hard resetted the windows. I have all my drivers updated too. Please help out with this. I can't use any softwares like voice modulators or such as they require headphones to be selected as o/p device in playback devices. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @Saad98

Follow these steps:

1) Open Playback devices.

2) Right-click the blank place, and then select  Show Disconnected Devices and Show Disabled Devices.

After that, you’ll see headphones appear in the Playback devices shown in Disabled status.

3) Right-click the headphones and click Enable.

After the device is enabled, if you see it not set as Default Device, highlight it and click the Set Defaultbutton. If it’s already set as default device, move on to next step.

4) Click OK -> Apply.

5) Check to see if the problem is resolved.

If still issue persist please follow the below steps:

1.Uninstall then reinstall the audio driver

2.Update the audio driver
    If still issue not resolved, than follow the below steps.

To fix the problem, you can try to enable the Stereo Mix. To do so:

2) Under the Recording tab, right click on Stereo Mix and select Enable on the context menu.

3) Click Apply -> OK.

4) Check to see if Windows 10 detects your headphones.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Saad98
    Saad98 Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Jack22 said:
    @Saad98

Follow these steps:

2) Right-click the blank place, and then select  Show Disconnected Devices and Show Disabled Devices.

After that, you’ll see headphones appear in the Playback devices shown in Disabled status.

3) Right-click the headphones and click Enable.

After the device is enabled, if you see it not set as Default Device, highlight it and click the Set Defaultbutton. If it’s already set as default device, move on to next step.

4) Click OK -> Apply.

5) Check to see if the problem is resolved.

If still issue persist please follow the below steps:

1.Uninstall then reinstall the audio driver

2.Update the audio driver
    If still issue not resolved, than follow the below steps.

To fix the problem, you can try to enable the Stereo Mix. To do so:

2) Under the Recording tab, right click on Stereo Mix and select Enable on the context menu.

3) Click Apply -> OK.

4) Check to see if Windows 10 detects your headphones.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Sorry to say but I already did everything which you've mentioned. I also tried running something exe file in realtek audio driver file maybe a sound manager exe but it isn't even showing up DTS something. Any other solution? Btw thanks for suggesting 😊