primary display not being detected?

ercoidem
ercoidem Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Acer Predator 17 Gaming Laptop, after startup my primary display(the one attached to the laptop) is blank and Im unable to utilize this screen. Im still able to use the tv I have plugged in, however whenever I go into display settings I get an error saying display 1 isnt active. Am i overlooking something or is this potentially a hardware issue? Had this issue once before and restarted to fix it, however now Im not having any luck. Only having this problem after utilizing two displays

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    First, try to turn the screen on with the FN+F6 or FN+F5 toggle key combos. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ercoidem
    ercoidem Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    First, try to turn the screen on with the FN+F6 or FN+F5 toggle key combos. Jack E/NJ
    i tried that with no success 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>primary display(the one attached to the laptop) is blank>>>Im still able to use the tv I have plugged in>>>

If you mean the screen is "black", and it's not detected by Windows, then I'm gonna guess you probably have a habit of opening & closing the laptop's lid quite often during the day. If so, you need to replace the video ribbon cable between the mainboard and screen inverter. It probably has suffered conductor trace breaks in the hinge area. Google "acer model number" and "video cable" with the quotes for vendors. Video ribbon cables with the vidicam appendages usually cost less than about $30. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ