Caps Lock Issue.

CRL0312
CRL0312 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 (G3-571), I got it back from repair about a solid month ago. This issue happened once before the repair, but it persists after the repair. the problem is that when I press caps lock, my computer "hitches" for about a third of a second. The only games I play on the laptop are Fortnite and CS:GO, the problem happens in both of them. Previous to repair, the issue only happened once, and it was solved by a full reset, and it was fine after that. After I received the laptop from repair everything was fine and dandy until yesterday when for some reason the issue started happening again, so I updated my USB drivers, I uninstalled them and reinstalled them, I uninstalled both of the games and the problem still persisted. So after nothing worked I just backed everything up and reset, and it worked...for 2 hours, then the problem just showed up again! I personally don't think its the game because I've reinstalled them and the issue persists...

Things to note: This ONLY happens when I'm playing fullscreen, I tried windowed and the problem was not there (but I refuse to play windowed because of latency issues).
I use an external keyboard (Ornata Chroma) but the issue still happens if I press caps lock on the "built in" keyboard.
It doesn't completely stop the laptop for Fortnite my FPS goes from around 160 to 30 for a third of a second, same for CS.
When I'm just on the home screen or in google and I press caps lock there is no hitching, I have a feeling this is a fullscreen issue but I don't know...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>everything was fine and dandy until yesterday>>>I just backed everything up and reset, and it worked...for 2 hours, then the problem just showed up again!>>>

If you haven't reset it again yet, open Control Panel. Search restore point. Click create a restore point. Click system restore button.  Next. Look for an automatic restore point that was just created. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• CRL0312
    edited November 2018
    JackE said:
    >>>everything was fine and dandy until yesterday>>>I just backed everything up and reset, and it worked...for 2 hours, then the problem just showed up again!>>>

If you haven't reset it again yet, open Control Panel. Search restore point. Click create a restore point. Click system restore button.  Next. Look for an automatic restore point that was just created. Jack E/NJ

Well...I've tried that already and I just got stuck in the infamous "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop, and from there I had to reset because no matter what I tried I couldn't get out of the loop, yet the caps lock problem still persisted.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Run services.msc. Scroll down the list to Windows Update. Right click. Select properties. Change to manual update from auto. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• CRL0312
    JackE said:
    Run services.msc. Scroll down the list to Windows Update. Right click. Select properties. Change to manual update from auto. Jack E/NJ
    Its been on manual this whole time.