H7550BD Won't Start

Options
matt87
matt87 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 27 in 2018 Archives
Hi,

Yesterday the bulb in my H7559BD went pop. I thought it was odd, I never got any on screen warning about it's remaining life. But the projector was still outputting audio so I thought I'd just replace the bulb. I took the lid off last night and it all seemed straight forward enough. But I thought just before I order a new bulb at £130 or so that I'd just check to make sure it'll still power up. So I connected the power lead and it won't do anything at all. No life, no fans, no lights, nothing. I've tried the remote and the physical buttons.

The only thing that I can see that doesn't look quite right is that there is a small cable connected to the exposed PCB, but the end has snapped off so I can't connect it. I don't see how it would effect the boot up though - the other end is just a mini USB that has been secretly stowed away inside the case so I've no idea what it does.

Does anyone have any advice? I've read about people talking about certain safety mechanisms that stop the projector from booting if the lid is not secured, but on this model I don't see anything that would do that.

Any help appreciated. This projector was £550 14 months ago, I'll be very disappointed if it's just dead.

Matt

Answers

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi matt87, With the reference to the issue which you have posted in the Acer community, I am sorry to let you know that your Acer projector has gone bad and you need to send the projector for the repair.