Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How can i install ssd on my pc. Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-50RM

Shantanu18810Shantanu18810 Posts: 18Member Troubleshooter
edited November 27 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hello Acer,
I have recently brought an Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-50RM and i would like to install SSD in it. So please guide me for which SSD i should go for and how i can install it.
Thank you.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,510 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    You can install a M.2 SATA SSD and it will work, if you are interested in a M.2 NVMe SSD, install HWiNFO64 free program, run it, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight each PCI Express Root ports and check Maximum link width in the right pane, if you find a value of 2x for any of them, you can install a M.2 NVMe SSD. Please read this link for more information with pictures:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/497241/acer-aspire-e5-575-52jf-m-2-nvme-support/p1
    Open the service hatch at the back, insert the SSD at an angle and tighten with the screw( slot is next to memory modules).

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,510ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    You can install a M.2 SATA SSD and it will work, if you are interested in a M.2 NVMe SSD, install HWiNFO64 free program, run it, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight each PCI Express Root ports and check Maximum link width in the right pane, if you find a value of 2x for any of them, you can install a M.2 NVMe SSD. Please read this link for more information with pictures:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/497241/acer-aspire-e5-575-52jf-m-2-nvme-support/p1
    Open the service hatch at the back, insert the SSD at an angle and tighten with the screw( slot is next to memory modules).

• Jack22Jack22 Posts: 553Ally
    @Shantanu18810
    Storage
    Hard disk drive:
    500 GB / 1 TB / 2 TB 2.5-inch 5400 RPM
    Solid state drive: 128 GB / 256 GB

Inorder to install the SSD first remove the base case of the unit, than Check the letter F on the below picture and remove the screw to remove the SSd and install the new one.

• Shantanu18810Shantanu18810 Posts: 18Member Troubleshooter
    Thank you it will help me alot.
  • You are welcome :)
    Hey i have two doubts-:
    1=All m.2 SSD's are same or they have some distributions which i have to carefull about, during purchasing a new SSD.
    2=If i will install ssd in my laptop, will it broke my warranty and guarantee by acer.
  • Hey i have two doubts-:
    1=All m.2 SSD's are same or they have some distributions which i have to carefull about, during purchasing a new SSD.
    2=If i will install ssd in my laptop, will it broke my warranty and guarantee by acer.
    Hi,
    1.There are two types of M.2 SSDs, one is M.2 SATA SSD and the other is M.2 NVMe SSD, if you want to check whether your laptop is compatible with your laptop, please read this thread:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/497241/acer-aspire-e5-575-52jf-m-2-nvme-support/p1
    2.If you don't have a warranty warning sticker on the screws at the back, you can safely install a SSD, but in any case, please contact Acer Support centre in your region to get confirmation about warranty.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

In the software HWiNFO64 from where i can check my SSD slot type.

please can you check this.

• Hi,
    Highlight PCI Express Root Port 9,11 and 12 individually and check the maximum link width in the right pane for each Port.

…………………………..

………………………….

……………………...
  • Hi @Shantanu18810 ;
    You have 2x  Maximum link width value for the Root Port 9, so you can install a M.2 NVMe SSD, it will work at half the speed advertised by the manufacturers due to only 2lanes enabled in the laptop which is norm for most of the laptops.
    For example:

edited November 23
    Is my laptop contain 3 pin ssd slot or 2 pin ssd slot ?
  • I don't understand which pins you are talking about, the slot is compatible with M.2 SATA SSD and NVMe SSD, you don't need to worry about pins.
    [Samsung 970 Evo Series - 250GB PCIE NVME - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7E250BW) ], [Samsung 860 EVO Series - 250GB M.2 SATA Internal SSD (MZ-N6E250BW) ], [Western Digital 250GB M.2 Internal Solid State Drive (S250G2B0B) ]……………………………………….Please suggest me from these SSDs which best one I should buy, which will work properly in my laptop.
  • Hi,
    If you don't transfer large files very often Samsung 860Evo 250 GB is the one I would suggest for you because there are no noticeable difference in speed between SATA SSD and NVMe SSD under normal usage.
    I don't understand which pins you are talking about, the slot is compatible with M.2 SATA SSD and NVMe SSD, you don't need to worry about pins.

what are these types?
  • One with the single grove is NVMe SSD, the other one with two groves is SATA SSD.