is it best to use 1:1 wide mode or aspect?

CustomX
CustomX Member Posts: 13 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
is it best to use 1:1 wide mode or aspect?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    CustomX 

1:1 makes the image a small but crisp box inside the monitor, about half of the total monitor screen is used.

Aspect creates small horizontal black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, i.e widescreen look.

My guess is that Aspect, with the bars on the top and bottom, is the nature regular look and Full stretches the picture up and down a bit to get rid of the bars to fill the screen. You can't notice any distortion in Full mode, but this is probably just because the bars in Aspect aren't to big so there isn't much distortion to stretch the screen to Full.

So stick with Aspect mode if you don't want any distortion/stretching.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    CustomX 

1:1 makes the image a small but crisp box inside the monitor, about half of the total monitor screen is used.

Aspect creates small horizontal black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, i.e widescreen look.

My guess is that Aspect, with the bars on the top and bottom, is the nature regular look and Full stretches the picture up and down a bit to get rid of the bars to fill the screen. You can't notice any distortion in Full mode, but this is probably just because the bars in Aspect aren't to big so there isn't much distortion to stretch the screen to Full.

So stick with Aspect mode if you don't want any distortion/stretching.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!