no sound after resetting windows 10

Options
imadsaud
imadsaud Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hi 
i have acer aspire switch 10 e  i have installed all drivers all sound drivers but still i don't hear any sound on my laptop this happen when i reset my windows 10 please help??

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    imadsaud

Please check if you have any pending windows updates.
    To check for updates now, select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

>Switch to the generic Windows audio driver
    Open device manager, Right-click on your audio device and click on Update Driver Software.
    Click on Browse my computer for driver software. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Select High Definition Audio  Device and click on Next. Follow the onscreen instructions to replace their computer’s default audio driver with the general Windows High Definition Audio Device.

>Disable any and all  audio enhancements
    Open the Start Menu. Type Sound into the Search. Click on the search result titled Sound that appears under Control Panel. In the Playback tab,  right-click on the playback device that you are using (your computer’s speakers, for example) and click on Properties.
    Navigate to the Enhancements. Check the Disable all enhancements check box by clicking on it. This will effectively disable any and all audio  enhancements that have been applied to your computer’s speakers. Click on Apply. Click on OK. Restart and check if there is buzzing noises.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • imadsaud
    edited November 2018
    Options
    now sound has come but there is buzzing noises and i cant see any enhancements tap?? :(
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    imadsaud said:
    now sound has come but there is buzzing noises and i cant see any enhancements tap?? :(
    If you are using the generic Windows audio driver, please try reinstalling the audio driver from Acer driver page now.
  • imadsaud
    Options
    yes i have uninstall previous sound drivers and install new sound driver from acer.com but again there is no sound 
    i have downloaded from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5931?b=1
    see

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    I guess that the sound driver may have got corrupted, you could install a third party uninstaller like Revo uninstaller Free or similar program, use scan feature to delete leftover files after the uninstallation, reboot and try reinstalling the Sound driver for your model.
    https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

• imadsaud
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thanks problem solve this all problem was with intel sst audio device wdm i uninstall it and reinstall it from intel site and done :) thanks all