Acer Predator XB252 Blue tint?

Options
Crusader
Crusader Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
So I bought this monitor a few days ago and every now and again it goes into this 3d kinda mode but instead of it being red and blue its just blue and triples the image sort of. It happens in and out of game so i don't know what causes it to happen. If I flip the power switch and turn it back on it goes away like nothing happened. I've searched it but no luck, anyone have a fix for this or is the monitor just *****?
What it looks like: https://imgur.com/gallery/3m0S9IN

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    That looks like either an issue with the cable or the graphics card. The blue lines in the background aren't regular enough to be an artifact of the monitor corrupting it's display layers, I don't think. What port are you using? HDMI, DP?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Crusader
    Options
    DisplayPort, I have an extra that it came with so I can try switching it out. If the same result happens I'll let you know.
  • Crusader
    Options
    So I switched to a different DP and it still does it, but it doesnt do it with my other monitor nor the the monitor I had before this one.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, likely the monitor itself then. Have your vendor do a swap for you, or if it's too late just contact Acer support and they'll get it handled.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Crusader
    Options
    Lucky me I paid for a 4 year protection, ill send it back to see what they can do