Dolby audio Problem - Helios 300 PH315-51

HussenIsam
HussenIsam Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
I have  Helios 300
PH315-51
Dolby audio Crashed and Showed that no audio device is connected So I rebooted Found It not running and the Dolby icon disappeared from the taskbar tried to reboot again many times checked startup applications on The Task manager and  acer care center and nothing changed 

help please The sound sucks without dolby Audio I have Used on it  :'(:'(

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If none, click on Device Manager sound, video, etc folder. Can you find a Realtek audio device listed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HussenIsam
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If none, click on Device Manager sound, video, etc folder. Can you find a Realtek audio device listed? Jack E/NJ
    only Nvidia virtual audio device Installed so I downloaded it and it works but I can't find Dolby audio Interface until now Even The Sound Became normal As it is running 
  • JackE
    Please post a screenshot of Device Manager's sound folder if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HussenIsam
    fixed  by itself =)=)=)
  • JackE
    Congrats. Probably fixed itself after a cold slow boot instead of a warm fast boot.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HussenIsam
    The sounds came back as if Dolby Was running but the icon In notification area still disappeared I First Noticed it Now
  • HussenIsam
    it still makes different when I Turn It off But I can't change The Profiles + Can't find Dolby In The task manager 
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search Sound or Dolby. Look for Dolby settings. There should be a box to check to show Dolby icon in notification area. It's buried in there somewhere. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HussenIsam
    Searched every part of the Settings + Programs + System files Did't find any thing and It is not shown in this list 
  • HussenIsam
    which one of this files? also tried to run this program And didn't launch 
  • JackE
    Not 'Settings' but Control Panel settings. 'Settings' and Control Panel settings are often different.

But let's try something else first. Press the WINkey + Rkey. Enter "services.msc" without the quotes. A long list of services should appear. Scroll down the list for entries that relate to Dolby services. Right click each one. Select properties. Make sure they're set to automatic startup instead of disabled. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HussenIsam
    it's not listed in services + i also searched control panel And I can't find It  :'(
  • JackE
    Check FileExplorer to see what files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio\DAX2 subdirectory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HussenIsam
    here it is 
  • JackE
    Those look like the original Dolby app install files. Double click the EXE file and keep your fingers crossed. :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• smashter
    smashter Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am experiencing similar issues. The Dolby Equalizer panel is missing and I cannot find it. I clicked the file and it doesn't do anything. When I go to the search bar and type in "Dolby", all I get is Dolby Access, which prompts me to purchase the Dolby Atmos software for headphones. Many users are experiencing this issue and we want to know how we can fix this
  • HussenIsam
    edited November 2018
    Go To this file    (C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio\DAX2) then Run (dax2_api_release_x64.msi ) then uninstall Dolby Then Installed It again and WORKED  =)=)
    Thanks JackEJackE said:
    Those look like the original Dolby app install files. Double click the EXE file and keep your fingers crossed. :) Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Congrats on your success! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ney10
    Ney10 Member Posts: 103 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I have the same problem. It's already been half a year since I lost my dolby audio equalizer(the one in the tray icons).
  • JackE

Jack E/NJ