Using Intel XTU, the offset voltage default has changed to -0.133 from 0.000 V. Help? Predator Helio

neo4evr
neo4evr Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
I am using the Acer Predator Helios 300 purchased it from Flipkart. It has serious heating issues (CPU reaching 99 degrees Celsius when gaming), and so I have decided to undervolt it using Intel XTU. After undervolting the CPU temperatures have reduced to 85-87 C. However, when I shut down the laptop and opened it the next day, I found that the offset voltage default has changed to -0.133V, the value which I used for undervolting. 
It has changed from default 0.000V to -0.133V and Intel XTU was not running. After startup immediately I found this change by using HW Monitor.
How will I revert it back to 0.000V? Has this been changed from BIOS? I cannot find any voltage options in BIOS.
Please help.
Many thanks!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Why can't you re-set it back to 0.000v with XTU? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    neo4evr said:
    Hi,
    I am using the Acer Predator Helios 300 purchased it from Flipkart. It has serious heating issues (CPU reaching 99 degrees Celsius when gaming), and so I have decided to undervolt it using Intel XTU. After undervolting the CPU temperatures have reduced to 85-87 C. However, when I shut down the laptop and opened it the next day, I found that the offset voltage default has changed to -0.133V, the value which I used for undervolting. 
    It has changed from default 0.000V to -0.133V and Intel XTU was not running. After startup immediately I found this change by using HW Monitor.
    How will I revert it back to 0.000V? Has this been changed from BIOS? I cannot find any voltage options in BIOS.
    Please help.
    Many thanks!
    Use the slider you used earlier to set to 133 to set back to 0. And save. This would be now set to defaults.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Hazmat02
    Hazmat02 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    You can always use the slider to move it back to 0, be sure to double check on a regular basis as sometimes, it will stay at your undervolt settings and other times it will revert back to 0. So I'd recommend setting up a profile of what you want your undervolt to be so you dont have to keep manually setting it.