Have I already lost all my photos using 3 of the 4 recovery discs on my travelmate 4060 windows XP

Pippatwo
Pippatwo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 20 in 2018 Archives
I have a Travelmate 4060 which has been unusable for 6 years it has " missing NTDLR number" the  ACER logo would come up then go straight to black screen. I have 4 recovery discs but I didn't want to loose all my photos, I also had the original Windows XP Pro CD. I finally tried the recovery discs 3 worked fine the 4th couldn't do anything without that number Now I see I really didn't have to use the discs. I would like to know at what point does the hard drive get erased. Have I already lost my photos? 

Answers

• It is very difficult to recover files on an HD that has been formatted, but it is not impossible to recover them! You should take hd to a specialized company that works with file recovery on hd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pippatwo
    Pippatwo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you. Was it necessary to do complete recovery just to fix missing NTDLR #? The boot up needs to be changed from hard drive to cd/dvd in order for it to reinstall from my disc. At least I hope I have that right...... 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)