Having an issue with helios 300 ph315-51

AngryArchitect
AngryArchitect Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought it on September 18,2018. It is an i7 8th gen variant.  First, my unit does not start or when it decided to start, it does not stay that long and shut down. Second, it sleeps automatically even though i set it off. Help please, don't want to waste a hard earned money for nothing. 

Answers

• Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • AngryArchitect

Tinkerer

I did try that sir but to no avail, it did start but after a while it shuts down again. 😢
    What could be the problem? I already look at the other post about the topic but can't find any solution. Is this a factory defect sir or something.? Please help.
  • Hi,
    You may have to send it for a service to Acer support centre in your region, they will be able to fix it under warranty.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • AngryArchitect

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 looks like it sir but i hope they fix it and look for a solution because i think i'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I wish acer could be more caring to their customers and products. Thanks anyway but if you find a solution sir please let me know. 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited November 2018
    Hi @AngryArchitect,

Try for a factory reset. Since its a brand new unit.it can be a hardware issue.  contact the acer support in the above link which brummyfan2 sent. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Does your notebook suspend or shut down completely without warning?
    Regarding the fact that the notebook is not turning on, this may be happening because of the interlock button that should not be properly pressed.
    You can solve this by pressing the ram compartment screw a little harder, or by placing a few layers of electrical tape to press the button:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AngryArchitect

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho I'll try that.there's also a solution like that in the net about removing the ram and putting it back again but did not mention that interlock thingy. Thanks. 
  • OK! Try this procedure and let us know if you have solved the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AngryArchitect

Tinkerer

I brought it today to the retail shop where i bought it. The technical guys says it's a grounded power button. 
  • Are you referring to this grounding pin?

Or the button I pointed you up?

Did they change the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AngryArchitect

Tinkerer

No sir. They're still having a hard time figuring out what could be the problem.the customer support here sucks,they didn't give me any update of whatsoever yet. I just bought it recently,almost two months old and I feel really ***** and disappointed at acer.
  • Did you tell the store support staff to take a look at the interlock button? I still think the problem is that this button may not be properly pressed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AngryArchitect

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho yup, i told them but they didn't care, authorized acer service center here did not listen to my concern, they just took the laptop and scribble something on their note. When I ask again the update today, they said the mainboard is damaged. I don't know what could have cause the problem.
  • AngryArchitect

Tinkerer

I should have tried your suggestion @egydiocoelho but I'm afraid i would mess up my warranty.
  • Call Acer Philippines technical support and ask if opening the ram compartment violates the warranty: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/service-contact

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AngryArchitect

Tinkerer

I got my laptop back, but I'm afraid the mother board will have some issue again.now I'm experiencing very high temperature,peakat 100 degrees Celsius.how can i lower the temp without undervolting and repasting? 
  • Did this happen after the service center returned?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    I got my laptop back, but I'm afraid the mother board will have some issue again.now I'm experiencing very high temperature,peakat 100 degrees Celsius.how can i lower the temp without undervolting and repasting? 
    The new 8th gen cpu's heat up a lot so my answer to you is no you cannot get better temps without unvervolting/repasting/optimizing you will have thermal throttling/shutdowns/freeze until you do that

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/