swift 5 SF514-51 can't update BIOS

xmm
xmm Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I can not update the BIOS. Now it is 1.08. I consistently try to install all versions under admin. Follow all instructions. I see on the screen a message stating that the data is being recorded. Further restart and the version remains old.

Best Answer

• xmm

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    thank you for quick response  , i am using .exe file B3ZMS115.exe in the top of window: "insyde h2offt 5.67"

Answers

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,488 Pathfinder
    Hi.

What format of bios, are you working, bios UEFI or LEGACY?

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • xmm

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    thank you for quick response  , i am using .exe file B3ZMS115.exe in the top of window: "insyde h2offt 5.67"
  • IVAN_PC

Yes, I mean the bios that your team is working on now, have you done any windows installation on your own?

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • xmm

Tinkerer

I can not answer this question because I bought a laptop on ebay used with a clean operating system, I see that it is legal. I did not find traces of hacks. looks like the original windows 10
  • xmm

Tinkerer

I find in administrative tools: BIOS operation mode: outdated. I think it means : BIOS mode (not UEFI)

• IVAN_PC

Ok, then you have the problem there, you need to install windows in UEFI mode and not LEGACY, which is, as it is now, for that reason it does not let you update the bios.

• xmm

Tinkerer

Thank you very much! I will install the Windows in UEFI mode and update the bios. After this procedure, can I restore the old system image (Acronis or AMOEI)?

• IVAN_PC

If possible, you can follow the tutorial.
    https://www.easeus.com/tutorial/pctrans-free-user-guide.html

Regards. ;)

• xmm

Tinkerer

a result of the solving: really, the BIOS will not be updated until the disk is switched to gpt mode.
    Unlike the board above, the system does not require reinstallation or installation.
    The process is as follows:
    Delete logical drives. only diskC is remaining
    Before this, you need to save data from logical disks in a safe place for further recovery.
    Next, two commands:
    1) check the possibility of easy converting:
    cmd under admin rights
    mbr2gpt.exe /validate /allowFullOS
    you must see: MBR2GPT: Validation completed successfully
    2) mbr2gpt.exe /convert /disk:0 /allowFullOS
    reboot
    f2 for enter bios setup
    change bios for uefi
    update bios from windows.
    that's all