Iconia W4-820 Model EE6: Can't boot recovery media

LeeH
LeeH Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
I have Windows 10 - 1803 (the Spring 2018 build, I believe) on my tablet. Until now Windows 10 has worked fine, but this build seems beyond the abilities of Acer's drivers, with failing Bluetooth and other problems, and I'm not sure bringing it up to 1809 is worth the effort. I've been trying to downgrade the tablet all the way back to Windows 8.1 from the original media. I have the DVD that came with the machine. I have ripped this and burned it to a flash drive, and have tried attaching a USB DVD drive to the tablet. None of them boot.

I have made modifications to the BIOS. I've tried several variations of boot order. I have turned secure boot off and on, erased the secure boot defaults, restored the defaults, etc. Sometimes I'm confronted with a message saying I have no USB boot option; other times the USB is simply ignored and the system boots to Windows 10. When I try booting from the Acer DVD, it simply spins, and the tablet remains on the Acer splash screen. The USB drive appears to be cleanly written. The image I created the USB from was ripped from the original DVD a year ago and was used at that time to downgrade to Windows 8.1 to get a clean install of Windows 10.

I'd like to either successfully bring this tablet back to 8.1 or to have a solid, reliable Windows 10 install. It appears that Acer doesn't provide driver support for Windows 10 on this tablet, unless I'm missing something, or I'd be happy to keep using Windows 10.

Best Answer

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You may not need to go back to windows 8.1! Enter the bluetooth driver idhardware and verify that a more current driver resolves the problem:

Remember that updating bios is a risky procedure and I do not take any responsibility for any damage!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LeeH

Tinkerer

Thank you for the links! I will definitely look at them and the rest of your answer.

• Great! Post the result here!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LeeH

Tinkerer

It worked. The key was the CPU driver. Once I updated that, everything else fell into place. All the rest of the drivers were at the the most recent version. I spent the rest of the day outfitting the tablet as my backup-writing and music management machine. Thanks so much for your help!
  • Good thing it solved your problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer