Will be there any problem if i use 2 different ddr4 ram on my notebook?

shaamamunshaamamun Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
edited November 2018 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
My notebook is Aspire V15 ( V5-591G-53HV). It comes with 4 gb ram, But it's not sufficient for me. I work on 3D bussed software like Maya 2016. 

My question is I have 4gb ram in one slot and I want to add 8gb on another slot. Then it will be (4+8=12). Will it make any problem with my 3D work or gaming?  

Or I should use same on both slots? Like 2x4, 2x8, 2x16 ?

Best Answer

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 58,083 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    This model supports up to 32GB of ram! You can use 8 + 4, but check the current memory speed and buy another one with the same speed:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 58,083 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    This model supports up to 32GB of ram! You can use 8 + 4, but check the current memory speed and buy another one with the same speed:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)