NVidia 3D settings panel not detecting games.

Hazmat02
Hazmat02 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Device specs: Predator Helios 300 i7-8750h 1060gpu with current drivers. I run the whisper settings in the GeForce experience app, however some games I would like to run at a higher fps since whisper caps it at 40. 

Parkasaurus:
I recently moved this games file folder to an external drive (D:) as internal dive (C:) is getting full. However since I moved it to the external drive the game acts like whisper settings dont apply to it and its fps is all over the place. Would keeping just the .exe file apply the whisper settings? It is also unfindable in the drop down box of games on and off your cornputer.

Ark: Survival Evolved:
This one is a real pain. It is currently downloaded on (c:) However the 3D settings never detects this game, and only sometimes when open. However GeForce App can see the game and optimize but I would like to run at 60 fps, and I cant do that without the 3D controls. However it can be found in the "programs not on computer selection" but if I click on it it kicks me off and back to the first selection. Also MSI after burn and Rivia will only log on screen data the fist time the app is opened. 

Thoughts? 
Thanks! 

Best Answer

• Hazmat02
    Hazmat02 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

From arso96 on ark forums 

Hello !

You can add the game manually. Open up the Nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings, go to program settings, and add. You'll have to locate the Ark.exe, which will be in the usual place. Local disk (D) or alternative drive, program files(x86) depending on your version, steam, steam apps, common, ARK, ShooterGame, Binaries, Win64, depending on your version. Just add the Shootergame.exe and you should be good to go. Never used the Nvidia experience myself, but I've manually added 7DTD with no problems.

Answers