Hello, Recently bought an Acer Nitro AN515-52 - Touchpad isn't soft-responsive.

Le0ndarLe0ndar Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
Hello,

I recently bought an Acer Nitro AN515-52, and the touchpad isn't soft-responsive. I have to make hard presses to register a response. Is this expected behaviour? Also, when I press the buttons at the end of the trackpad, I have to press very hard. Is this also expected behaviour?

Thanks!

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen(Press F2 as soon as you press power button), move to Main tab and check whether the Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, switch to Advanced mode, if it's in Advanced mode switch to Basic, reboot and switch back to Advanced mode.

Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27163405
  • Le0ndarLe0ndar Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen(Press F2 as soon as you press power button), move to Main tab and check whether the Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, switch to Advanced mode, if it's in Advanced mode switch to Basic, reboot and switch back to Advanced mode.

THank you, I tried that but the problem persists.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 15,950 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018 Accepted Answer
    Go to Settings, click Devices, click Touchpad in the left pane and adjust the sensitivity and see whether it fixes the problem.

Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    Go to Settings, click Devices, click Touchpad in the left pane and adjust the sensitivity and see whether it fixes the problem.

Yes that solved my problem for the most part but the sensitivity still suffers. The touch sensitivity is performing unpredictably. It works sometimes, it doesn't work other times. Should I do a driver update? I think I'm going to do that and comment, Also, how do I un-correct a correct answer? Just in case we get a better solution? :D
    My god! The trackpad is so unusable! I think I'll go for the DELL 7572 with a thunderbolt upgrade and return this product! Better display at least! I think! :D
  • Hi,
    Give this a try, go to Device manager, expand mice and other pointing devices, highlight and right click HID-compliant mouse, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

Hi,
    Give this a try, go to Device manager, expand mice and other pointing devices, highlight and right click HID-compliant mouse, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

Thank you, will try this and let you know! :)
    Thank you so much, brummyfan2, I tried your suggestions, it seems to be better, but it could just be e getting used to the mousepad. :D 

Will leave this as solved in case someone else needed the solutions. It could just be my general dissatisfaction with the state of the touchpad! :D

Cheers! :)