Brightness bug Swift 3 (SF314-52)

Options
glcolombo95
glcolombo95 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi everyone! 
Sometimes it happens to me that after the screen brightness dimming that occurs after a period of inactivity (5 mins in my case), when coming back to work I cannot reset the brightness to full. It is as if the new brightness level was set as the maximum, so that even trying to modify it with keyboard buttons, it is impossible to increase it over that level. The problem disappears after restart, but occurs very often and annoys me.
I already tried to upgrade BIOS, drivers and Windows 10 to the latest version, but the problem is still there.
I wrote to Acer support centre but the only thing that they said to me is to restore the laptop...and I'm not willing to do that because of a little bug.
Anyone with the same issue that can help me???

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search power plan. On the left panel select edit power plan. Adjust brightness to higher levels both on battery and plugged in. I'd also adjust to never turning off or putting the computer to sleep on both battery and plugged in as it might cause other problems. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• glcolombo95

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search power plan. On the left panel select edit power plan. Adjust brightness to higher levels both on battery and plugged in. I'd also adjust to never turning off or putting the computer to sleep on both battery and plugged in as it might cause other problems. Jack E/NJ
    Unfortunately, Windows moved Control Panel settings to the settings app, the only thing that I could try was to return to deafult settings for the balanced power plan, then I went to advanced options and did the same...I hope this solved my problem
  • JackE
    Options
    Control Panel has more flexibility and options. Next time press the WINkey + Rkey and enter "control" without the quotes. You can also make a shortcut on your desktop to control panel by right clicking an empty desktop area and create new shortcut. Just enter "control" there too without the quotes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• glcolombo95

Tinkerer

edited November 2018
    Options
    JackE said:
    Control Panel has more flexibility and options. Next time press the WINkey + Rkey and enter "control" without the quotes. You can also make a shortcut on your desktop to control panel by right clicking an empty desktop area and create new shortcut. Just enter "control" there too without the quotes. Jack E/NJ
    Yeah I managed to enter the control panel, but no options for brightness is there. I ended up switching off the "go to spleep after x mins of inactivity" function, because it seems that the problem come out from there...I hope for a Windows/Acer/Intel update because it is very uncomfortable. Most likely, it came out with Win 10 October Update.

• JackE
    Options
    Open Control Panel again. Search screen brightness. On the left panel click adjust screen brightness. On the bottom use the slider to increase or decrease brightness. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ