RAM Upgrade

Pixmania
Pixmania Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have a Acer Nitro Spin 5 (8gb ram) and i am looking for a RAM upgrade. Which RAM would be compatible with my laptop

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like ANxxx-xx.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    There are two different basic motherboards for the Nitro Spin 5 (NP515-51) models. They come with either 8GB or 16GB of memory, all soldered to the motherboard. There is no memory slot, so they aren't upgradable. There is a PCIe SATA slot ready for an NVMe SSD though so if you don't have one of the SKUs with SSD that might be a worthwhile upgrade.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DonnerWWII
    DonnerWWII Member Posts: 1 New User
    I thought I had done all the homework I needed to do before I purchased this model.  But who would put out a 2in1, with a capable gaming video card and not have an upgrade slot for memory?  Maybe I am just out of touch, but I am beyond unhappy about this.  I've never bought a laptop without a memory upgrade slot.  And now, the time has passed for me to return it. Not happy.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Most of the newer slim laptops don't have memory expansion slots, mostly because the connector itself causes the thickness to be greater.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.