Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

No drivers after Win10 reinstall

loscsaba86loscsaba86 Posts: 4Member New User
Hi All!

I have a Predator 300 Helios (PH317-52).

I just reinstalled a legal Win10 Home (downloaded from Microsoft) and I was wondering, that the windosr did not offer at the installation, that I could connect to the Wifi. Because there were no drivers. Normally a Win10 installation already copies every necessary drivers, so you have to make just a tiny update - but that's all.

Now first I had to install manually the WLAN Driver and just after that could let run a huge update to find all the necessary remaining drivers....

Why is that? I was wondering, that the BIOS is also very old style (you know....this DOS-look). Nowaday the notebooks have much modern BIOS.

Could you help me? Will I encounter this tedious problem always, or is there any medicine? :)

Thank you in advance!

Best regards: Csaba

Best Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 6,203 Pathfinder
    edited November 7 Accepted Answer
    Although windows 10 has a huge amount of drivers, generally these drivers are generic and have only basic features so the computer can work! Devices that have been released recently, will hardly have their drivers available in windows update, needing to download these drivers manually! However it is always good to make sure the driver has the whql certificate, which means it has been approved by microsoft!
    However, windows modified by the manufacturer already has all the necessary drivers for the perfect functioning of the computer! That's why it's important to preserve Acer's recovery partition and also create a system image in Acer Care Center!
    About the fact that the bios (currently called uefi) still be shown with the blue screen, does not mean that it has fewer functions than the bios that are coming with a more modern graphical interface! Currently, all computer models are coming in uefi mode, regardless of bios format!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  
     :)
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • xapimxapim Posts: 255 Practitioner
    Hi All!

I just reinstalled a legal Win10 Home (downloaded from Microsoft) and I was wondering, that the windosr did not offer at the installation, that I could connect to the Wifi. Because there were no drivers. Normally a Win10 installation already copies every necessary drivers, so you have to make just a tiny update - but that's all.

Now first I had to install manually the WLAN Driver and just after that could let run a huge update to find all the necessary remaining drivers....

Why is that? I was wondering, that the BIOS is also very old style (you know....this DOS-look). Nowaday the notebooks have much modern BIOS.

Could you help me? Will I encounter this tedious problem always, or is there any medicine? :)

Thank you in advance!

What is recommended when you install a fresh copy of windows and not the custom acer oem pre installed u should had made a backup before you had it formatted with acer software because a fresh windows install will not have the drivers needed that are built into their custom oem pre installed windows even PS might not work properly with any other windows your solution now it's to download all the acer drivers for your model from the support and install them all one by one and hopefully PS will still work (or not)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee.

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 6,203ACE Pathfinder
    Although windows 10 has a huge amount of drivers, generally these drivers are generic and have only basic features so the computer can work! Devices that have been released recently, will hardly have their drivers available in windows update, needing to download these drivers manually! However it is always good to make sure the driver has the whql certificate, which means it has been approved by microsoft!
    However, windows modified by the manufacturer already has all the necessary drivers for the perfect functioning of the computer! That's why it's important to preserve Acer's recovery partition and also create a system image in Acer Care Center!
    About the fact that the bios (currently called uefi) still be shown with the blue screen, does not mean that it has fewer functions than the bios that are coming with a more modern graphical interface! Currently, all computer models are coming in uefi mode, regardless of bios format!
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • xapimxapim Posts: 255Member Practitioner
    Hi All!

Thank you in advance!

What is recommended when you install a fresh copy of windows and not the custom acer oem pre installed u should had made a backup before you had it formatted with acer software because a fresh windows install will not have the drivers needed that are built into their custom oem pre installed windows even PS might not work properly with any other windows your solution now it's to download all the acer drivers for your model from the support and install them all one by one and hopefully PS will still work (or not)

• loscsaba86loscsaba86 Posts: 4Member New User
    Hi All!

Thank you all for the answers. No everything is ok. What I made:

1.: clean, legal Windows 10 install
    2.: reinstall every official Win10 drivers for my Predator
    3.: made Win 10 Update

Predator Sense work also fine.

Thank you again!

• xapimxapim Posts: 255Member Practitioner
    edited November 8
    Hi All!

Thank you all for the answers. No everything is ok. What I made:

1.: clean, legal Windows 10 install
    2.: reinstall every official Win10 drivers for my Predator
    3.: made Win 10 Update

Predator Sense work also fine.

Thank you again!

Glad to know everything is sorted :)

• Glad we could answer your question!
  • loscsaba86loscsaba86 Posts: 4Member New User
    Ohh one more thing… I heard something about MOMENTUM CACHE. It was regarding SSD... Does it improve the performance of the SSD?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!