next@acer 2020

How to re-install Windows 10 on AN515-52

SiAHpTSiAHpT Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi

Just got my brand new Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 which i had ordered on Amazon India. Received it in good condition and with seal intact.

Now my question is, if in future if i want to format my laptop and re-install Windows 10 Home, how do i do that? bcoz i did not receive any Windows 10 media with which i could re-install. Please let me know how can i do that.

FAQ & Answers

• IVAN_PCIVAN_PC ACE Posts: 5,384 Pathfinder
    Hi.

It's simple, you just have to create the installation media, from Microsoft with a pendrive and configure the bios to start from it, I leave the link
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Regards.

Si esta es "la respuesta", haz clic en "Aceptar la solución" para ayudar a otros a encontrarla.

• Or create a factory recovery media from Acer Care Center for example:

France
  • RiceBoy123RiceBoy123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2018
    Or create a factory recovery media from Acer Care Center for example:

What gets saved when this Factory Recovery Media gets created? Does all my drivers get backed up? I had an awful experience, I got scammed. Received an email saying I won a Win10 Enterprise license, entered the Product Key & messed everything up. I created a Win10 Home USB install media, reinstalled the factory image but had to connect directly thru LAN to download the Intel WiFi card driver & everything else needed to make my Nitro 5 run smoothly. Needed to get clarification to this because my Access Point is located in a different location in the house, & I'm getting tired of transferring my laptop to that location just to connect directly. =)
  • Kartik2K20Kartik2K20 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

How to download factory version of Acer Nitro 5 windows 10 ISO?
  • laurent_14laurent_14 ACE Posts: 9,134 Trailblazer
    How to download factory version of Acer Nitro 5 windows 10 ISO?
    Hello,
    You can't download the factory recovery media. You have to request a quote and buy it from your regional customer service.
    France
  • MihaiEVOMihaiEVO Member Posts: 57

Tinkerer

Download the tool here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    Make sure you have a empty USB connected to the laptop. The tool will download and mount the ISO to the USB. Now you will be able to reinstall Windows 10 Home from that USB. Please mark this as answer if i fixed your problem.

• Kartik2K20Kartik2K20 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

MihaiEVO said:
    Download the tool here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    Make sure you have a empty USB connected to the laptop. The tool will download and mount the ISO to the USB. Now you will be able to reinstall Windows 10 Home from that USB. Please mark this as answer if i fixed your problem.

I don't want to reinstall windows from Microsoft website instead I want to install Acer's custom windows 10 OS for Nitro 5 AN515-54
  • MihaiEVOMihaiEVO Member Posts: 57

Tinkerer

MihaiEVO said:

I don't want to reinstall windows from Microsoft website instead I want to install Acer's custom windows 10 OS for Nitro 5 AN515-54

I'm affraid that's not possible. Acer doesn't have a custom OS, it just has some commands that make some of their apps preinstalled.