Acer V3-571 will not boot Windows 10

Silasgg
Silasgg Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I have just installed windows 10 on my Acer V3-571. After the installation went through, the computer restarted and I'm getting the error message:

"no bootable device. insert boot disk and press any key"

Logically I thought this would be an UEFI/Legacy issue from Bios, but it doesn't list any kind of switching options in the Boot Menu (just the Boot priority).

If I access the Boot menu (F12) and select "EFI boot Manager", the windows will load without any problems - any other option doesn't seem to recognize any device.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Go to the boot section and put windows boot manager in first!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Silasgg
    edited November 2018
    Hey edydiocoelho, thank you for the answer

Unfortunately I do not have that option in the boot menu from Bios.

I've attached a photo of all options - https://pasteboard.co/HLKN0E3A.jpg
  • It's strange, because I have the v3-571 model with uefi and above the boot order priority, the boot mode and secure boot functions! Can you show the bios version in the information section?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Silasgg
    Surely, here it is - https://pasteboard.co/HLKTTW8.jpg
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    This version of bios has no uefi mode! Have you added any new hardware? Can you hit a photo where "efi boot manager" appears? Have you converted hd to mbr to work properly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Silasgg
    I haven't had any changed done to the HD. Until today, it was running Win 7 and had no issues with it.

here's the photo - this option only appears in the boot menu:
    https://pasteboard.co/HLL1qZxa.jpg
  • Silasgg
    I went and updated the BIOS to the most recent one available on Acer.com (2.x woudn't run on this one so I got 1.13) - however this did not fix the issue.

I did also check the bootlog and Bios type in msinfo32 and it says that the Bios mode is UEFI while the boot environment is EFI

https://pasteboard.co/HLLiTCV.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/HLLj5Qg.jpg
  • There's something strange about that bios! Note that in my model, which is identical to yours, there are some differences:

See that my version of bios is 2.21! 1.xx versions only work in bios mode, because there is no uefi mode! As of version 2.xx, the uefi mode is available! I recommend you go in load setup default and press f10 to save on exit and check if it solves the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Can you check if the hd is in gpt?

Type diskpart and list disk and press enter! No format the hd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer