New Acer Predator Helios 500 random Freezing PH517-51

Kozidis
Kozidis Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My new Acer Helios 500 for the very first day that i open it and run for the first time it just crashes freezes cant do nothing only press the power button to shut down i am really 
disappointed it happens 3,4 times after 2,3 hours i was seaching for solutions 2 weeks now and still i have the problem i am so disappointed 

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Kozidis,

i am sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Helios 500, i recommend you contacting your local Acer support and have the unit sent to our service center and have a technician diagnose and repair.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny

Answers

• Hi,
    Have you tried disabling fast startup? If you haven't, go to Power options, click "Choose what the power buttons do", click "Change settings that are currently unavailable", untick the box for "Turn on fast startup".

• Kozidis
    Hi,
    Have you tried disabling fast startup? If you haven't, go to Power options, click "Choose what the power buttons do", click "Change settings that are currently unavailable", untick the box for "Turn on fast startup".

Thank i will do it now 
  • Kozidis
    Hello again and help you for your help i just want to let you know what i have done so far.
    When it freezes for the first time i download the XTU change the undervolt offset to 0 using Normal Profile but it happens again after 2 days.It does not happens when i turn off predator sense from windows services i tested for 2,3 days.I have download all the drivers from Acer but not predator sense and BIOS well i have never update any BIOS on my life to let you know.Now i am testing with your settings in power options and with predator sense on and undervolt set to 0 with normal profile.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018
    Hey bro in the main forum for "Predator Laptops" I posted a Helios 500 Review.
    In the "Bugs" section I describe disabling the Killer Network Service in "Services" to eliminate a memory leak in Predator Sense.

Check that out for the fix.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    Here is a link to my review with the bug fix.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/551115/review-of-the-helios-500/p1

Also you mentioned undervolting, the reason you're having an issue is because Predator Sense undervolts itself with profiles located in C:/ProgramData/OEM/PredatorSense/"Your CPU".
    You can modify these profiles ti have them auto applied at startup and since they auto apply they are probably conflicting with your modifications.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Kozidis
    Red-Sand said:

Also you mentioned undervolting, the reason you're having an issue is because Predator Sense undervolts itself with profiles located in C:/ProgramData/OEM/PredatorSense/"Your CPU".
    You can modify these profiles ti have them auto applied at startup and since they auto apply they are probably conflicting with your modifications.
    Thank you and hello what do you mean about that You can modify these profiles ti have them auto applied at startup and since they auto apply they are probably conflicting with your modifications. what i need to do ? Can you be more detailed ? 
  • Red-Sand
    Kozidis said:
    Red-Sand said:

Thank you and hello what do you mean about that You can modify these profiles ti have them auto applied at startup and since they auto apply they are probably conflicting with your modifications. what i need to do ? Can you be more detailed ? 

*If you know what your doing* you can navigate to the location I mentioned before and find three XTU profiles that are auto loaded & applied by Predator Sense via the XTU Service.
    1. Normal
    2. Fast
    3. Turbo
    Opening each profile in XTU then modify to your liking then export the profiles to desktop (or anywhere you'd like) then copying the newly exported profiles to the location I mention above.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Kozidis
    Red-Sand said:
    Kozidis said:
    Red-Sand said:

*If you know what your doing* you can navigate to the location I mentioned before and find three XTU profiles that are auto loaded & applied by Predator Sense via the XTU Service.
    1. Normal
    2. Fast
    3. Turbo
    Opening each profile in XTU then modify to your liking then export the profiles to desktop (or anywhere you'd like) then copying the newly exported profiles to the location I mention above.

You mean the undervolt ? to 0 ? when i first check it , it was to -0,125 by default 
  • Kozidis
    You mean the undervolt ? to 0 ? when i first check it , it was to -0,125 by default  
  • Kozidis
    Done i just delete the old XTU profiles and replace them with undervolt to 0 
  • Kozidis
    i just run cinebench r15 and my score was 824 on turbo is this to low ? 
  • Kozidis
    sadly it just freezes to let you know it happen again  :/
  • Kozidis
    Any solution it already waste my time 3 weeks now I'm losing my patience 

• Red-Sand
    Well without an error log/code it's hard for me to guess.

Might be easier to send to Acer for Warranty.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Kozidis
    Hi i try to update my BIOS i have version 1.14 but it doesnt update to 1,16 when i am goin to install it it says There isnt any ROM file in this Directory  :s
  • Kozidis
    Red-Sand said:
    Well without an error log/code it's hard for me to guess.

Might be easier to send to Acer for Warranty.
    Hi and i want to tell you thank you so much for your time and  i am sorry for my behavior I'm just very disappointed if you want you can tell me how to send you a log file 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Kozidis,

i am sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Helios 500, i recommend you contacting your local Acer support and have the unit sent to our service center and have a technician diagnose and repair.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Kozidis
    Hi Kozidis,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    Thank you
     I will do it tomorrow 

• Kozidis
    Hello and i want to all let you know that my computer is fixed the problem was my motherboard i send it back to acer and replace my motherboard with a new one thank you all for your time and help