MY LAPTOP'S MOTHERBOARD KEEPS DYING AND ACER REPAIR CENTRE CAN'T FIX IT

Options
poopinmahbusiness
poopinmahbusiness Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 23 in 2019 Archives
I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. I'm a student studying at Ngee Ann Poly and for my course, having a laptop is an absolute necessity every single day. I bought the laptop at the start of this year. I've only owned the laptop for 8 months and within a short span of 5 months, it has died 4 times. I have sent this laptop to the acer repair center for three times already, and it's about to become my fourth.

The first and second time that i had to send it for repair was for the same problem. The motherboard's pci-e connector connecting to my pci'e ssd has stopped working. It kept on showing "No bootable device" for half the time i tried to boot the system up.
 The first time I sent it for repair, i brought it to acer repair center on friday and i took it back on the following week's thursday . (they replaced the ssd and not the motherboard, which did not solve the problem since it was the motherboard which was faulty and not the ssd) (I did not know it was the motherboard which died, since they replaced the ssd and it was able to boot, so i didn't bother about it) Somehow the laptop managed to boot windows up and worked fine on friday, that was why i didn't immediately send it back again for repair. Then saturday comes and the same problem re-surfaced, which was when i realized that they didn't actually fix my laptop at all. They actually made it worse somehow. Before i sent it for repair, it could boot half the time i tried booting up the system. After the first repair, it could only boot up 1/10 of the time. So of course, i had to send it back for repair again the following week. 

After the second repair, it worked fine for about 2 months. I did not touch the laptop for the third month after it was repaired because it was during the holidays, therefore i did not have the need to use the laptop at all. I just left it sitting on a table for 1 month and did not touch it at all. And right on the day before school started( About Three weeks ago ) It died again! For the third time! This time, the motherboard fully died. No key that i press on the laptop produced any reaction from the laptop at all. When i press the power button, nothing happens, when i charge the laptop, nothing happens and even the charging light indicator doesn't switch on! The repair, again took another week from me.

Now it has died again. When i press the power button on the laptop, the keyboard backlight switches on and off in a loop, and the system will not boot up. Nothing will show on the screen. Its just an endless loop of the keyboard backlight going on and off. I'm gonna need to send me laptop for repair FOR THE FOURTH TIME NOW!!!!!! Please, for the love of god, send me a replacement Predator Helios 300. Other students who bought the same laptop didn't even experience any problems that i have experienced on this one hell of a machine. Please just send me a replacement product, since repairing at acer repair center clearly does not fix the problem at all. Do contact me for a replacement of this machine. Its either this laptop is cursed or the people at acer repair center just can't fix my laptop, OR they are using terrible quality laptop components to fix my laptop. 

And also, all my school work is in there! I did not have time to backup any of my data at all because it wont even boot! And i can't rip out the pci-e ssd and have someone else retrieve the data because of their stupid "Warranty void if removed" stickers. Absolute nightmare. 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm sorry you're facing so many problems! On the notebook not booting as it did the first few times when it appeared "on the bootable device", it could just be that the bios was not configured correctly! Usually this problem is solved by selecting uefi mode in the boot section!
    About the fact that the notebook is turning off, there is a battery reset button located on the back of the notebook! It's a button similar to this one in the video:
    Just follow the same procedure as described in the video and then check that the notebook is back on! It is also important to inform the exact model of the notebook (example vx5-591g), as the interlock button may not be pressed properly!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    This is better addressed with Acer in your area (to a supervisor for repairs).

This forum is peer to peer and as such we don't have a method to help you with your problem.

Best bet would be to go to the repair center yourself and ask to speak with a supervisor and tell him what's going on.

Bring a backup external HDD so they can help you retrieve your data before they replace it.
    - Hotel Hero
  • poopinmahbusiness
    poopinmahbusiness Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Alright thanks, will do just that. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,884 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I still think it would be worth you to try to do a battery reset @poopinmahbusiness!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Henri69
    Henri69 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Guys im a South African staying in Romania for rugby currently. I purchased a day ago a brand new Acer Predator Helios 300 from a fully lisenced store and they ordered it and i got it in the box all the trimmings a dag ago. Excited as anything i unwraped everything and plugged in the power cabl3 and proced to turn the device on. It turns on but it doesnt even initiate the windows setup start-up protocole. It just brings up a window with linux and wont allow me to get to the start up initiation. Please any info will help.