Acer XB270H No Signal Problem running DP to HDMI Adapter

acknash
acknash Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello Acer community. 
I have a lenovo y70 laptop that I am trying to connect to my Acer XB270H monitor. I am using an Active 4k DP 1.2 to HDMI adapter, yet it doesn't recognize the laptop when its plugged in and says 'no signal.' Do I need a specific Display Port cable? Or should my adapter be fine? I got the monitor from a friend and there wasn't a DP cable to go with it. I ordered a desktop PC today and it should be here next week. I am hoping it connects to this monitor without and issues like this. Please let me know if you have any tips or recommendations on how I should handle this 'no signal' issue. 
Thank you. 
Nash

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    There are two types of DP to HDMI, one converts DP to HDMI and the other converts HDMI to DP. They are not the same and have a big difference in cost. Does your laptop have a DP port or an HDMI port?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • acknash
    billsey said:
    There are two types of DP to HDMI, one converts DP to HDMI and the other converts HDMI to DP. They are not the same and have a big difference in cost. Does your laptop have a DP port or an HDMI port?
    My laptop has an HDMI port. The monitor has a DP port. 
  • billsey
    So you need something like this one. Most of them will be in the same price range, that was the first one on my Google search.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • acknash
    billsey said:
    So you need something like this one. Most of them will be in the same price range, that was the first one on my Google search.
    So I need an HDMI to DP instead of a DP to HDMI? They aren't the same thing? As I said, I am using an Active 4k DP 1.2 to HDMI adapter. 
  • billsey
    Yes, they are actually quite different. You have HDMI on the computer side and need to convert it to DP on the monitor side, so HDMI to DP. Your cable is just backward to that. :(
  • shee
    shee Member Posts: 1 New User
    acknash said:
    billsey said:
    So I need an HDMI to DP instead of a DP to HDMI? They aren't the same thing? As I said, I am using an Active 4k DP 1.2 to HDMI adapter. 
    hi, hope you read this because we have the same problem but my laptop is msi only hdmi port . what cable did you use to connect . thank you