Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

my nvidia GPU not working while gaming

ButchervdcrButchervdcr Posts: 13Member New User
hey 
i got a problem, theres some games (like wwe 2k18) that when i play them the laptop doesnt active the strong gpu (1060) and just using thte weak intel video card.
the problem is ofcourse that the intel video card run it on like 5fps with laggs...
anyone got any solution for this? also, im just assuming this is the problem, how can i make sure which of my gpu is working?
thanks.

FAQ & Answers

• MaxGamerMaxGamer Posts: 110Member Skilled Fixer
    Hi @Butchervdcr

To check which apps are using your NVIDIA GPU, click on this arrow on your taskbar and click on this icon. If your game is using the Nvidia gpu, it will show here when you play the game.

Try the following fix to force WWE 2K18 to run on your GTX1060:-
    Right Click on desktop>>NVIDIA Control Panel>>Manage 3D settings>>Program settings
    Select your game from the list and then select NVIDIA as the preferred graphics processor, then click Apply to save the changes. Like the below picture.

This should fix you issue.

Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/