Can anyone help me, my 144hz monitor is only showing 60hz!

Options
mlsn
mlsn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I bought a 144hz acer monitor with my new omen gaming computer (which has a gtx 1070) and when i connected them and got it running, my game would only show 60hz. So i went to nvidia control panel and it said i had 2 monitors (but i only have 1) however when i clicked on the 2nd monitor that one could show 144hz. So i was fine for about 4-5 months and i was running 144hz. However a few weeks ago it changed back to 60hz and now in nvidia control panel i only have 1 monitor (like i should have) but it can only show a maximum of 60hz. I called omen help but they didnt do anything. I really need some help and any help is very appreciated. 

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @mlsn,

To output 1080p content at 144Hz, you will need either a dual-link DVI, a DisplayPort, or an HDMI 1.3 ... check with these cable. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which port are you using? VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP? It sounds like the video cards started out with problems that have only gotten worse is it's aged...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christy1
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @mlsn,

To output 1080p content at 144Hz, you will need either a dual-link DVI, a DisplayPort, or an HDMI 1.3 ... check with these cable. 
  • mlsn
    mlsn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    christy1 said:
    Hi @mlsn,

Thank you very much this has sorted my hz out i can now run 144 when i have a dual link in.
  • christy1
    Options
    Super ... Thats great to know. Enjoy the Gaming.