Acer Swift 1 bios pw reset

Options
robhock
robhock Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I purchased Acer Swift 1, model SF113--31-P5CK on ebay from pawn shop who assured me they HAD the correct bios pw. Of course you already realize the notebook is a keeper no matter what but I should would like access to bios. Just ordered an m.2 ssd and this could come in handy. Tried every method suggested by web search, main pw hash, 3rd party ideas, utilities. Saw ACER e-settings mangement software mentioned but cannot find. CAN YOU HELP or suggest alt method. Will have cover off shortly.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes! But pull carefully so you do not break the wire! Leave it unplugged for a few minutes! However, usually just a few seconds to delete the password! If this does not work, it is recommended to take Acer to the service center to clear the password!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited October 2018
    Options
    To access bios on this model, just press f2 as soon as you turn on the notebook! Now if you want to reset the bios password, have you tried removing the rtc battery?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • robhock
    Options
    AWESOME!!! is this the plug I pull? see pic I attached with red markup..

How long do I leave pulled? I already put in my SSD and put cover back on but will re-open to do reset bios pw because I cannot boot off my new SSD until I change bios. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes! But pull carefully so you do not break the wire! Leave it unplugged for a few minutes! However, usually just a few seconds to delete the password! If this does not work, it is recommended to take Acer to the service center to clear the password!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Please let me know if the procedure worked!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• robhock
    Options
    This is what I tried:

1. unplug cable for 3 min. (DID NOT RESET PW)
    2. unplug cable for 20 min. (DID NOT RESET PW)
    3. unplug cable and boot to bios with cable unplugged (DID NOT RESET PW)
    4. unplug cable and short leads to m/b (DID NOT RESET PW)
    I'm really impressed. Perhaps overnight would do the trick but my patience has ended. Will leave my new 250gb m.2 ssd as secondary D:\

However, I might try flashing the BIOS with latest firmware if you suggest it. There are a number of bios updates available. Frankly, I'm scared of bricking my puter.

At the least, maybe someone else will find my endeavor helpful. Good day.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is your notebook under warranty or exchange?
    However I do not believe the update will solve the problem! See your email!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer