I have bought acer swift 3 (SF315-51G) 2 months ago but now I face a problem with keyboard.. When

Adarsha
Adarsha Member Posts: 1 New User
I have bought acer swift 3 (SF315-51G) 2 months ago but now I face a problem with keyboard.. When I boot my laptop are //// press automatically and the back light keyboard not working .. The back light is working only when it is boot please give me any solution thank you 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    If this happened recently, open Control Panel and search "restore point". On the left click on "Create a restore point". In the box that pops up, choose system restore. Do you see a recent restore point that seems about when you first noticed the problem? If not, click on the box that shows more restore points. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DarrenLo
    DarrenLo Member Posts: 4 New User
    What do you mean when you say that //// press automatically. Where does //// appear at? For the Keyboard Backlight, have you tried pressing the FN key together with F9 key? This gives you the option to turn the Keyboard On and Off. Make sure the keyboard keys of dirt and dust as well. If all that fails then as JackE has mentioned above....if you have previously saved  a RESTORE point previously then....you might want it to restore to that moment when everything was working fine. Good Luck!
  • husi8400
    husi8400 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi Adarsha,
    I am facing a similar issue with my laptop, except for me the key is x or 9. I am assuming that the Keyboard has shorted out and thinking of replacing it but if you were able to resolve it some other way. please do share your work around.
    In my case I have disabled the laptop keyboard and touch pad by installing incompatible drivers and currently using an external USB keyboard as a workaround. 
  • husi8400
    husi8400 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi Adarsha,
    I am facing a similar issue with my laptop, except for me the key is x or 9. I am assuming that the Keyboard has shorted out and thinking of replacing it but if you were able to resolve it some other way. please do share your work around.
    In my case I have disabled the laptop keyboard and touch pad by installing incompatible drivers and currently using an external USB keyboard as a workaround. 
    I replaced the keyboard with a new backlit keyboard and now all is ok
  • sk828
    sk828 Member Posts: 1 New User
    husi8400 said:
    Hi Adarsha,
    I replaced the keyboard with a new backlit keyboard and now all is ok
    Hey can you share the link of keyboard you purchased? How much did it cost? I'm facing similar issue!
  • ABHINIT
    ABHINIT Member Posts: 1 New User
    I too am facing a similar issue.....backlit doesnt work , it gets lit only during boot...has anyone found a solution apart from replacing the keyboard?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Try pressing FN+F12 or FN+F11 key to turn backlight on and off.

Jack E/NJ