Sudden issue with T272HL touch screen and Mini Mac

Vrotate
Vrotate Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I use 5 ACER touch screen monitors with a variety of computers and operating systems to run a 747 flight simulator I built at home.  One of the 27" monitors is for the overhead panel, and is driven by a mini Mac.  I have never had any trouble with it working.  All of a sudden, with no updates or other interference, the touch function is not working correctly.  It used to be if I touched a button or switch it would work.  But now the first touch brings the mouse pointer over the button, it takes a second press to activate the switch, and no matter how long i wait, if I press off of that switch on another one it clicks the button AGAIN! The software for the simulator has no affect on the touch screen or mouse.  I can't find anything in the mini Mac to adjust but I am trying their forums as well.  Is there any way to select any touch options with the monitor itself?  Any way to manipulate the monitor driver on the mini Mac?  HELP!

Answers

• Vrotate
    After an hour and a half on the phone with MAC support, they have stated it's a monitor problem.  I need some help with this.  ANYBODY?!?
  • Vrotate
    Well your chat support is worthless, your telephone support is worthless, and this forum is worthless.  You're batting 1000!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    This is a community forum, likely there's not a lot of other people who are using that display with a Mac Mini, much less having the same issue. I certainly can't come up any scenario in my head that would give those symptoms without it being a software issue rather than a hardware problem.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vrotate
    The issue is being able to shut off multi gesturing.  The MAC does not let you mess with any touch settings unless you use a track pad, and even then I'm not sure you can.  Using a PC.  Problem solved.