Compatible GPU cards to upgrade Acer Predator G3610

bazangwanzi
bazangwanzi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hi folks,

So I have been using Acer Predator G3610 for more than 5 years. Thinking of upgrading GPU from my current Nvidia Geforce GT 440 to either GTX 950, 960, or 1050.

Seen quite a number of people saying online that they met with some problems doing that. So I just like to be 100% sure it will work, before going ahead to purchase the right card.

From what I gathered, there seems to be the following points to consider:
(1) Power requirements, and 6-pin connector availability?
      ->Not sure yet, haven't open up my chasis before.
(2) Form factor
      ->Guess different manufacturer and different type (single/dual fans) etc. will result in different sizes, which may/may not fit for my system.
(3) Some Win 8 secure boot issue
      ->I'm running Win 7, so not sure if this still applies to me.

Will really be great if someone could tell me for sure if GTX 950, 960, or 1050 will fit in well with my system. Or any similar cards that you have done it successfully.

My current system specs:
Acer Predator G3610
Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz(4 CPUs)
4GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 440
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
ATX Form Factor

Answers

• Hamb
    Hamb Member Posts: 4 New User
    As you may have read in the other thread I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, only mine came with i5-2320 and GTX 550 Ti.
    I still haven't upgraded but I'm thinking about buying a whole new system, may buy a GPU first and see if there really are issues.
    If I'm not mistaken I believe I've seen some success with upgrading this particular system, and some claims that certain hardware is just not compatible.
    - Hamb