Condition Zero is not working well

aparveezsn
aparveezsn Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi guys, I got my predator helios 300 i5 8th gen laptop yesterday and I tried playing counter strike condition zero game but I was dissapodisap that the game graphics was soo bad.. my previous normal laptop plays CZ game better. Even I downloaded Tencent emulator for pubgm and that also has bad quality. 

Can someone tell me how do I fix this

Best Answers

• MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Hi @aparveezsn

Before going further ahead, please tell me your complete model name of your Helios 300.
    Also, the fonts in some of the apples like origin for FIFA are not clear it's blurred

To fix the blurred fonts issue, try the following fix:

1. Backup the registry if anything goes wrong.
    Open Run box, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor. To back up the complete Registry, open Regedit, select Computer and right-click  on it. Now select Export. Give the file a name and set a location where you want it saved.

2. Goto  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop in the registry. (Click on the desktop) 
    3. Open Win8DpiScaling
    4. Change it to 1 as shown.

Now reboot and the blurry text will be gone!

Hi guys, I got my predator helios 300 i5 8th gen laptop yesterday and I tried playing counter strike condition zero game but I was dissapodisap that the game graphics was soo bad.. my previous normal laptop plays CZ game better. Even I downloaded Tencent emulator for pubgm and that also has bad quality. 

Your Helios 300 may have outdated drivers. Goto device manager>>Display Adapters>> NVIDIA>>Right Click>>Properties>>Click on driver tab. Please tell me the driver version.

There can a possibility that  CS and PUBG Mobile on Tencent Gaming Buddy is not utilising the dedicated NVIDIA GPU.

Try this too:

Right Click on desktop>>NVIDIA Control Panel>>Manage 3D settings>>Program settings
    Select your game from the list and then select NVIDIA as the preferred graphics processor. Like the below picture.

Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    When you unplug your charger the Nvidia GPU uses a feature called "Powermizer" where it lessens voltages/clock speeds to save battery.
    If this feature did not function your battery would drain in like 30 minutes due to the powerful hardware (all gaming laptops do this).

I recommend using Geforce experience to "optimize" your graphics while your unplugged (run optimize while on battery) to get the best performance while mobile.

And of course using AC when heavy gaming as much as possible will help increase the lifespan of your battery.
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• aparveezsn

Tinkerer

Also, the fonts in some of the apples like origin for FIFA are not clear it's blurred
  • MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Hi @aparveezsn

Before going further ahead, please tell me your complete model name of your Helios 300.

To fix the blurred fonts issue, try the following fix:

1. Backup the registry if anything goes wrong.
    Open Run box, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor. To back up the complete Registry, open Regedit, select Computer and right-click  on it. Now select Export. Give the file a name and set a location where you want it saved.

2. Goto  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop in the registry. (Click on the desktop) 
    3. Open Win8DpiScaling
    4. Change it to 1 as shown.

Now reboot and the blurry text will be gone!

Your Helios 300 may have outdated drivers. Goto device manager>>Display Adapters>> NVIDIA>>Right Click>>Properties>>Click on driver tab. Please tell me the driver version.

There can a possibility that  CS and PUBG Mobile on Tencent Gaming Buddy is not utilising the dedicated NVIDIA GPU.

Try this too:

Right Click on desktop>>NVIDIA Control Panel>>Manage 3D settings>>Program settings
    Select your game from the list and then select NVIDIA as the preferred graphics processor. Like the below picture.

Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/
  • Red-Sand
    Go into Nvidia control panel under "manage 3d settings" then the program list and find CSGO and dedicate it to the Nvidia GPU.

Sometimes Nvidia incorrectly assigns GPU to Intel GPU for the actual game.

Example: Your Nvidia GPU may be dedicated to the client of CSGO but the actual game exe is on Intel.
    Click the "add program" option and see if you can find other names/instances if CSGO and set them all to Nvidia.
    - Hotel Hero
  • aparveezsn

Tinkerer

edited October 2018
    Looks like my problem was not using charger while playing condition zero and the font blurriness issue has been auto resolved.. I didn't do anything.

Now mymy question is even for low graphic games like condition zero keeping laptop charging is necessary? I thought gaming laptops don't need that
  • Red-Sand
    Answer ✓
    When you unplug your charger the Nvidia GPU uses a feature called "Powermizer" where it lessens voltages/clock speeds to save battery.
    If this feature did not function your battery would drain in like 30 minutes due to the powerful hardware (all gaming laptops do this).

I recommend using Geforce experience to "optimize" your graphics while your unplugged (run optimize while on battery) to get the best performance while mobile.

And of course using AC when heavy gaming as much as possible will help increase the lifespan of your battery.
    - Hotel Hero