Acer Switch 3 vs Microsoft Surface Go

tingting
tingting Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hi all,
I'm considering buying either Surface Go or Switch 3. In terms of performance both seems to be about the same, although Surface Go has a better GPU and 8gb of RAM. Acer Switch 3 is quite a bit cheaper and it includes the keyboard. However, I'm mostly concern about maintainability and long term use. From what I've read on this forum, Acer Switch tablets seem to have quite a lot of problems. I've looked at the Acer Switch sample at local retail store and they were manufactured in August 2018, not sure if the newer batch might have the problems mentioned in the forum fixed.
So any input would be most grateful! Thank you in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I  have two Switch models, though not the Switch 3, and have never had any issues. My Switch Alpha 12 even survived a rather horrendous car accident with only dents in the case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tingting
    billsey said:
    I  have two Switch models, though not the Switch 3, and have never had any issues. My Switch Alpha 12 even survived a rather horrendous car accident with only dents in the case.
    Thanks for your input! I may consider buy either the Switch 3 or Switch 5, especially I need to connect the tablet to an external hard drive and Microsoft Surface Go does not have the power to do that.
  • rubsiu
    rubsiu Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

surface go is overpriced, and it doesn't even include the keyboard in the price
    the pentium gold 4415Y used by surface go is about 20% slower than N4200 used by switch 3
    the screen is bigger on switch 3 as well
    however since its bigger its heavier
  • tingting
    Thanks for your input. Although I've read several benchmarks stating a faster performance from the newer 4415Y which includes the Intel 615 GPU compares with 505 from N4200.
    But overall I also would prefer the Switch 3 over Surface Go. It's better value afterall.