Acer predator g9-593 what is the maximum speed of the CPU and GPU fans?

xrolexx
xrolexx Member Posts: 55 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Before my fans would go above 5500 rpm, now i see maximum 4600, idk why... (coolboost activated)

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    BIOs updated?
    - Hotel Hero
  • xrolexx
    Red-Sand said:
    BIOs updated?
    yes, last version
  • Red-Sand
    You can try uninstalling then reinstalling Predator sense
    - Hotel Hero
  • xrolexx
    edited October 2018
    Red-Sand said:
    You can try uninstalling then reinstalling Predator sense
    i already did, but didnt work, but today with only chrome opened the both fans went to 5500+, but yesterday i tried the whole day, and my fans wouldnt pass 4600, whats going on? they cap at whatever speed they want....this is not first time
  • Marcosek
    Marcosek Member Posts: 3 New User
    Yeah i have same issue. No solution yet. I rember when i buy predator, fan are worked perfectli. But now when i play game fan are on 4600rpm max before throttling. The worst thing is that they can go on 5600rpm for few sec. for example in MS word but never in game. I think its maybe the bios update when i have fresh bios it was ok..... You can udervolt you cpu, for me the result 95 to 91 °C :D but no throttling.

Similar thread: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/538528/acer-predator-g9-593-fans-capped-at-4600-rpm?&breakffcache=98e20
  • Red-Sand
    edited October 2018
    It might be that "coolboost" offers a variable max speed to the fans depending on need
    - Hotel Hero
  • xrolexx
    Red-Sand said:
    It might be that "coolboost" offers a variable max speed to the fans depending on need
    thats the problem, i tested while gaming and i had 4600 rpm max, i tested next day without any programs running after just started the pc and i had 5500...
  • Red-Sand
    So is max RPM different when gaming?
    - Hotel Hero
  • xrolexx
    Red-Sand said:
    So is max RPM different when gaming?
    after i closed the game the max rpm was still 4600... from what i saw  (i didn't test it too much) in the morning when i wake up and turn on the laptop, the max rpm stays at 5500, i star the game it goes max to 4600 and it remains the same after i close the game, i have to test this theory a little more to be sure
  • Red-Sand
    That's very strange...

Try defaulting the BIOs to remove residual "settings" from previous BIOs version.

Boot up and press F2 to enter BIOs > F9 to default > F10 to save & exit.
    - Hotel Hero
  • xrolexx
    Red-Sand said:
    That's very strange...

Try defaulting the BIOs to remove residual "settings" from previous BIOs version.

Boot up and press F2 to enter BIOs > F9 to default > F10 to save & exit.
    I did but didnt fix the problem, besides this fan problem i also have another 2 problems...:
    -black screen after restart (i have to press and hold the power button, w8 few second for the laptop to go sign off, i press random buttons, and the black screen disappears, and i am w10 login)
    -screen flickering when brightness is lower than 100% (i sent the laptop to the waranty already, they changed the display just in case, but didnt fix my problem)

• Red-Sand
    I would send it back in under warranty for a full replacement/mobo replacement as it appears your not getting enough juice for your hardware or a loose component somewhere in your system.

My Dodge Ram had flickering dash lights at lowest brightness settings and it was a loose fuse.

In a computer its much more complicated.
    - Hotel Hero