Spin 11 Chromebook CP311-1HN-C2DV: Blue light, black screen

wblan
wblan Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Beginning last week, Chromebook has been nonfunctional: the blue power indicator LED is flashing (every ~2 sec) but no activity and screen remains dark. 

Holding the power button for 5 sec, 10 sec, or 60+ sec does not turn off the blue LED.  Hard reset (refresh + power) does not do anything, nor does refresh-esc-power, ctrl-alt-power, or any number of other key combinations.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @wblan

Looks like you have tried possible steps and this could be the device itself. Please contact acer technical support for warranty help. Optionally you can try the hard reset without power cable and check if it makes any difference. Make sure to hold refresh and power for 5-10 sec. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • wblan
    I've sent it in for warranty service.
  • AngFek
    AngFek Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi
    I am having the same issue. What was your resolution?
    Thanks
  • wblan
    I sent the Chromebook in for warranty service.  It was returned within a week (I'm in southeast US) with a new main board and video connector.  I'm pleased with the prompt service from Acer although since we've had the computer only a few months I'm concerned about longevity after the warranty expires. 
  • chivas
    chivas Member Posts: 5 New User
    i too have the same problem with Acer Chrome book, that i have owned for 5 weeks!!  i have arranged to send it in for repairs but i am aghast at the courier costs.  Surely there must be someone local, or some way to reimburse.  the courier costs alone will raise the price of this item by 100.00!!  not really happy at this point...what do you say ACER?