My Acer Monitor (Model: K202HQL) Keeps Switching From DVI to VGA By Itself!

Options
Fade
Fade Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
This has been happening since yesterday, and I've never had an issue with it before. First, it will pull up its menu by itself, then, only seconds later, will then go black and switch between DVI, then to VGA. I'm not very smart about this stuff and I am basically having a mental breakdown. Before this, it would pull up it's menu, and it would disappear. But now it's starting to switch between DVI and VGA. I have a video, but unfortunately it won't let me upload the file here. When I can I will upload it.

Thank you all, have a great day!

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Fade,

Sorry to hear this but looking in to this model, this is not an issue that's been reported for this monitor so i have to agree with billsey that its sounds like something is sticking the menu button down. My recommendation is taking it to a repair technician.  

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 

Answers

• Fade
    Options
    I need to bump this thread, I'm sorry.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Any chance the button is sticking?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Fade
    Options
    billsey said:
    Any chance the button is sticking?
    No, I swear it looks the same as every other button. They're at the same level as each other and they look fine to me.
  • Fade
    Options
    I've had this monitor for a couple years and it hasn't done this at all throughout these years I've had and used it.
  • Fade
    Options
    Please, I beg of anyone here to provide some sort of information to help my situation. Anything anyone gives will be highly appreciated.
  • Fade
    Options
    Bump, again.
  • Fade
    Options
    Bump, yet again.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Fade,

Sorry to hear this but looking in to this model, this is not an issue that's been reported for this monitor so i have to agree with billsey that its sounds like something is sticking the menu button down. My recommendation is taking it to a repair technician.  

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny