Predator Helios 300 PH317-52 IPS Glow

NT
NT Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everybody!

I've recently purchased a Predator Helios 300 PH317-52 laptop and a watched a few movies on it a couple of days back. I noticed some light spots on my screen, especially during the darker scenes. I've been reading around the forum about IPS glow and "light bleed" occurring for other people on Predator Helios laptops. While I understand that this is normal to a varying degree, I would like to ask for your opinion's on my case of IPS glow. Here is a photo of my screen.

I am a bit hesitant to send it back, as I have left the country, where I purchased it a couple of weeks back, and won't be back there for at least half a year. I think the warranty is international, so I might have to look for options in my current location (Germany). I would appreciate any information that you would deem helpful for my case!

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a nice day!

Nikola

Best Answer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Its doubly difficult for us to determine how much backlight bleed is too much especially through a photo, as a photo will enhance these areas making it look much worse than it really is.

In this screen upgrade video if you skip to 9:40 you will see how some backlight can be removed if you were to open your bezel and lessen the tightness of your panels screws.

https://youtu.be/HoO9q_svwz0
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Answer ✓
    Its doubly difficult for us to determine how much backlight bleed is too much especially through a photo, as a photo will enhance these areas making it look much worse than it really is.

In this screen upgrade video if you skip to 9:40 you will see how some backlight can be removed if you were to open your bezel and lessen the tightness of your panels screws.

https://youtu.be/HoO9q_svwz0
    - Hotel Hero
  • NT
    NT Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Just tried it and I noticed a considerable improvement. Thanks!
  • Red-Sand
    NT said:
    Just tried it and I noticed a considerable improvement. Thanks!

Good stuff
    - Hotel Hero