Which SSD is compatible with Acer Aspire E 15 E5 573G?

Pingo90
Pingo90 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Dear Community,

My father recently upgraded his laptop hardisk with a SSD, and I could clearly see the improvments. Now I want to upgrade my laptop, Acer Aspire E 15 E5 - 573G with a SSD. 

There seem to be different kinds of SSDs on the market and I can't seem to find information on which SSD is compatible with my laptop in the user manual. Does someone know where I can read information on which SSD is compatible with Acer Aspire E 15 E5 - 573G? An answer just plainly written as a reply to this comment is also appreciated.

Regards,
Acer Aspire E 15 E5 - 573G laptop owner

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Simply go to crucial dot com for specs on compatible SSDs for the E5-573G. You don't have to buy from them, just get the specs. But anything you buy from crucial is guaranteed to work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Simply go to crucial dot com for specs on compatible SSDs for the E5-573G. You don't have to buy from them, just get the specs. But anything you buy from crucial is guaranteed to work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pingo90
    edited October 2018
    JackE said:
    Hi Jack

Thank you for your help.

According to crucial dot com, my laptop is compatible with Cruical MX500 250GB Sata 2.5-inch 7mm (with 9.5 adapter) Internal SSD, among others.

Regards,
    Acer Aspire E 15 E5 - 573G laptop owner
  • JackE
    I didn't use the adapter in mine. Only some antistat foam to immobilize and protect the SSD inside. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pingo90
    JackE said:
    I didn't use the adapter in mine. Only some antistat foam to immobilize and protect the SSD inside. Jack E/NJ

Adapter? Antistat foam? When my father installed his SSD, he just plugged it in after plugging out the harddisk. I assume the process is the same with all types of SSD.
  • JackE
    @Pingo90 >>>my laptop is compatible with Cruical MX500 250GB Sata 2.5-inch 7mm (with 9.5 adapter)>>>

Yes, if you have a 7mm thick HDD already in there, you're good to go with a 7mm thick SSD. But if it's 9.5mm thick HDD, you have an extra 2.5mm space to fill up with a 7mm thick SSD or it'll flop around a bit. I just used foam. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pingo90
    JackE said:
    @Pingo90 >>>my laptop is compatible with Cruical MX500 250GB Sata 2.5-inch 7mm (with 9.5 adapter)>>>

Yes, if you have a 7mm thick HDD already in there, you're good to go with a 7mm thick SSD. But if it's 9.5mm thick HDD, you have an extra 2.5mm space to fill up with a 7mm thick SSD or it'll flop around a bit. I just used foam. Jack E/NJ

My laptop has a Toshiba MQ01ABD100 hardisk, which is 2,5" in size. I presume I will not experience such a complication you describe, though thanks for the heads up - much appreciated.
  • JackE
    Yes it's a ~2.5" wide drive just like the SSD. But it's 9.5mm (about 0.4") thick whereas the SSD is 7mm (about .3") thick. In other words, the SSD has the same length and width as your Toshiba HDD but is thinner. Hence the need for the 9.5mm adapter or a piece of foam like I use to take up the 2.5mm (about .1") slop. It's a 3-dimensional complication.  =) Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ